October 13, 2023

Friday Photos And Pumpkin Pasta!

Good Friday morning, my friends! How was your week? Our week was gloriously ordinary and ordinarily glorious. Flynn and I did homeschool, Steve ran errands, made phone calls, and worked on the list of things he never had time to do before. We cooked a delicious meal with produce from the farmer's market and played our favorite Halloween game. 


Guess who ended up with the Old Mummy ??

Mocha is proud to be our middle school mascot.

Breakfast one day this week: Cheddar cheese on baguette bread and fresh fruit. 

Something that made me happy this week? Getting these photos from my girls. They continued our pumpkin patch tradition! Even though Peyton grew her own perfect pumpkins, they went and had a blast! Afterward, they went to Peyton's for dinner. She made pumpkin stuffed shells, homemade dinner rolls, and this fantastic pie...








Another thing that made me happy this week was talking to this wonderful woman I am blessed to call Mom. Thanks to my sister Margie, who goes every day at dinnertime and calls me while she's there, I can talk to her every day. I love her so much.


Finally, my blog friend Ginny, who writes HERE, asked about the recipe for Madison's delicious-looking pasta I posted the other day. I texted Madison, and she was so happy to share. 

  • 1 box of rigatoni 
  • drizzle of olive oil
  • 4 ounces of prosciutto sliced thin
  • dried or fresh thyme
  • 1 shallot, diced
  • splash of white wine or chicken broth
  • 1 15-ounce can of pumpkin purée (not pumpkin pie filling)
  • 1 1/4 cups half-and-half
  • salt and pepper 
  • 1/2 cup of goat cheese crumbles plus more for serving (can also use Parmesan)
  • chopped chives
  • 1 - 2 cups of reserved pasta water


  1. Bring a pot of water to a boil, add salt, and cook the pasta. Once cooked, ladle out some pasta water and set it aside.
  2. While the pasta is cooking, heat up a drizzle of olive oil in a pot on medium-low heat. (I used my Dutch oven.) Add prosciutto and stir often. Cook until it is crispy, and set it aside on a plate. 
  3. In the same pot, add the diced shallot and thyme. (You may need to add a bit more olive oil.) Cook until the shallot is translucent. Deglaze the pot with a splash of white wine, chicken broth, or even just a bit of water. Use whatever you have! 
  4. Add the can of pumpkin, half and half, and salt and pepper to taste. Whisk continuously until it begins to simmer. Depending on how thick the sauce is, add some pasta water along with the goat cheese and whisk until combined. 
  5. Add the strained pasta to the pot and toss it in the sauce. Add more pasta water if the sauce is still too thick. (It should be similar to the consistency of a tomato sauce but not too watery.) Allow the pasta to cook a minute or two more in the sauce. 
  6. Spoon the pasta onto a plate and top with goat cheese crumbles, chopped chives, and crispy prosciutto. Add salt and pepper if you'd like, but remember that the prosciutto is already quite salty! 


I hope you have a lovely October weekend. I am patiently waiting for the leaves to change color here, and I hope they will soon! Thanks for visiting. I am always thankful you do!

BillieJo







16 comments:

  1. It sounds like the perfect week! I'm so glad that you're content in your new home. Our leaves just started changed here yesterday. The night before got very cold and literally overnight the leaves began to change! I love the pumpkin patch tradition and that your girls keep it going. Your family is wonderful the way they enjoy being together.
    I hope your Friday is a wonderful one and that all schoolwork is done early! :-)
    Blessings and hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love their traditions stand, that you can talk to your mom every day and that you had a very ordinary week. I love special stuff as much as you do, but gosh that makes ordinary even more wonderful doesn't it?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoyed reading your post today. They said on the news this morning the drought conditions (here) were why the leaves were slow to turn this year. Fun pictures and that pasta looks delicious! Hope you have a wonderful fall weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for the recipe, I know that took a lot of time! I love Peyton's pie, and the hay pumpkins. And always sweet Mocha! I think Mocha is also your blog mascot!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for sharing Madison's recipe. It looks so delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That recipe looks so good and so do those pies/cakes! Yum-- you are lucky to have such talented girls!! Have a great weekend. Leaves are starting to turn in Nebraska!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a lovely week.
    Love that pie!!!
    Mocha is the cutest little thing!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. looks like you had a good week, Billie Jo!!! I like the pumpkin Pie that has chocolate on it. The recipe you shared looks delicious. Mocha is adorable!!! My sister has a new dog and she is adorable as well. She's actually a puppy but is growing a lot. Leaves have been turning in different colors lately and some on a bush at our neighbor's house. Warm yesterday in the afternoon but now it's a bit cooler and rain for a few days. Most likely won't be able to see the eclipse tomorrow. We're not in a direct area where I could take good photos of it. Have a blessed weekend! --Becky

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that Peyton and Madison are carrying on the pumpkin patch tradition and I love even more that you get to talk to your sweet mama every day! Have a happy weekend, Billie Jo!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello, visiting from Karen's blog happyone.
    Pumpkin patches are fun to visit, my grandchildren always love to go.
    I enjoyed your photographs.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such fun pics dearest friend in all things wonderfully autumn! :) I love they continue the tradition - that's so cool. That recipe sounds wonderful! I still want to try your pumpkin stuffed shells one of these days. I hope the colors change soon for you and you get to enjoy every second. So happy to hear your Mom is well and that you can chat with her everyday. Precious moments for sure. 🍁🧡

    ReplyDelete
  12. It has to be Murphys law... I'd end up with the Old Mummy, too. Lovely Fall photos. I enjoyed seeing them so much.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such lovely photos! You guys are wearing jackets and such, not so much here in very warm Florida. Wishing you a beautiful Saturday my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Our leaves are finally changing. Love those colourful scenes!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, I love to see photos from the pumpkin patch! So sweet of the girls to send you some. It's one of the happiest places to be in October. The pumpkin pasta looks delicious.....and Peyton's scrumptious pie! That picture with the pumpkins in the red wagon is so charming, and it looks like they found just the right pumpkin! This is a dear picture of your Mom. It sounds like you are settling in your house nicely, Billie Jo, and I look forward to seeing Fall in your area. It has started here, slowly with the golds. I also wanted to mention that the cheese, bread, and fruit is perfect for breakfast.

    Have a lovely Sunday and good week ahead, Billie Jo.

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love that photo of your mom!! I am making that pasta this week...as well as the bread you sent me the recipe for - THANKS! So much pumpkin goodness this time of year! I have also searched for pumpkin stuffed shells - oh my!! Lots of good eating in my future:) Hope you have a great week ahead!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for saying hello!

Billie Jo