March 22, 2023

Lazy Wednesday Morning

 


Good morning! I usually enjoy my morning time downstairs, but today I am coming to you from my cozy bed. No reason, except I am feeling a bit lazier than usual! I am just starting this book, so I cannot give any recommendations, but if it is good, I will let you know. Thank you for all the well wishes for Flynn. She is feeling better every day. I forgot how long colds can hang on. Vicks Shower Soothers are a staple in my cupboard now!

I was thinking about things that are a staple in my home, and I realized I always keep certain things on hand. For instance, some of the items you will always find somewhere in my house are extra packs of toothbrushes, assorted sizes of batteries, cans of Cream of Mushroom Soup, Vicks VapoRub, corn syrup, sunscreen, and brownie mix. On the other hand, things I cannot keep enough of are things like Tylenol, dog food, paper towels, toothpaste, stamps, scotch tape, and fresh bread. Oh, and cold medicine! Because I buy it when we need it, and then we use it, and it is gone. Note to self: Stock up on cold medicine for the next round. 

Well, I should get up and get moving. Only a little on the schedule for today, which makes me very happy. I have a few things to do around the house and some phone calls to make. Otherwise, I plan on visiting my blog friends this afternoon and having a hot cup of coffee! Have a cozy day, my friends!

Billie Jo




13 comments:

  1. I love your new pretty header with the sweet Titmouse! Good to you for listening to your body and staying in bed for awhile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Catching up with blog friends and a cup of coffee sound divine. Enjoy your relatively quiet day! God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Billie Jo. Sounds like such a nice day. I will look forward to your thought on that book. I really liked the last one you recommended. See you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Billie Jo~ Reading in bed sounds glorious, I'm glad you are taking time for yourself! I love Vicks Shower Soothers, they are so wonderful. I'm glad Flynn is feeling better, nothing worse than a bad cold, which reminds me, I also need to stock up on cold meds! Have a great rest of your week! Hugs, Barb

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like your list of staples. Mine are similar but I also keep cream of chicken soup. Vicks seems to be in short supply in our area. I've had a hard time finding it.
    Like you, I seem to buy cold medicine when we need it, and I should keep some around!
    Glad Flynn is feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very difficult to get going here this morning…rain, rain, and more rain! Plus, later daylight. Take it easy when you can! Something we always seem to be out of is band-aids!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad to hear that Flynn is better. Our daughter and her husband have been fighting their colds for almost two weeks! This virus is stubborn. I think it's the same thing I had in February. Hope all stay well at your house. Most of what you mentioned is kept "in stock" at our house except Shower Soothers. I've never heard of them
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  8. A lazy morning sounds so good! I do a cold medicine restock any DST. That's also when I check my smoke detectors and change my furnace filters. Obviously if there's more need for cold meds I will go get them but it does help to have them on hand right away.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I smiled when you said you keep brownie mixes on hand. I can totally relate. ; ) And paper towels seem to go so fast, don't they? It sounds like an ordinary day, reading and drinking coffee, which are my very favorite days. In fact, I'm sitting here this morning with my coffee reading my favorite blogs. ; )

    Happy Spring Billie Jo!

    ~Sheri

    **thanks for sharing that Steve takes the center pieces of brownies and cakes too! That was so funny to hear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ps.....your Header this morning is just so pretty.

      Delete
  10. This comment comes to you on Thursday because I have been so busy with little time for the blogging world. I've been feeling pretty tired lately too. I hope Flynn gets 100% better soon. Colds are no fun.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hellloooooo Billie Jo! I'm sipping a hot drink and nibbling on dark chocolate as I viist blog friends too! I'm the same when I start a book. I can't say if it's good or not yet. Love a nice slower day too. Really fun. That was me yesterday and then the next day I often wanna jump back into stuff. Here's to Flynn on healing and getting 100% better! Cheers and boogie boogie, Ivy.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for saying hello!

Billie Jo