December 5, 2022

Monday Morning Coffee Talk

 
Good Monday Morning, my friends! How was your weekend? Our weekend was quiet and cozy. I wrapped gifts, did some laundry, watched TV, and finished online shopping. Still no snow, but it was a little chilly, so it seemed a bit more like December than March! Today I am sharing a few things I am enjoying around here this Christmas season. First up, these vintage Christmas records...


Isn't it funny how everything comes back around? I had a record player in high school, and now years later, I have another. These old albums bring the Christmas sounds of long ago back into our cozy home.


This is my absolute of all Mrs. Meyer's scents. It is Snowdrop, and it smells exactly like you think it would. Does that make sense? Steve found these at Sam's Club a while ago, and I have been waiting to break them out.


I don't keep as much candy around since we have fewer people living here, and let's face it if it is here, it gets eaten! But I do always have a crystal candy dish of Kisses at Christmas.


Have you smelled this? It is Yankee Candle's White Christmas, and it smells divine! Very crisp and very festive but not heavy and sweet. Love lighting it first thing in the morning.


And finally, one of my very favorite new Christmas treasures. This is a North Pole Radio from Mr. Christmas. I found this last year at Macy's and fell in love! It runs on batteries and has channels that report North Pole news and weather and play Christmas songs. It is just festive and fun. I gifted several and then found them at Target after Christmas marked way down, so I bought a few more and decided to keep one for myself. 

Oh, and if you are interested in the Danish Advent Candle I shared last Friday, here is the link to where Madison purchased them. 


What small things are you enjoying this special season? I'd love to hear about them. That is all for now. Today is homeschool, laundry, and a cup of afternoon coffee with some Pepperidge Farm Christmas cookies. Have a cozy day, and thank you for visiting!

Billie Jo



17 comments:

  1. I use Mrs. Meyers and I haven't seen this scent. I'll have to look for it. Love the radio and candy dish. Thank you for sharing the link to the Advent candle. I looked on Amion and couldn't find one I liked. No snow here also but it's chilly. Have a great week!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I havent seen the little Hershey Kisses that look like Santa hats before!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love everything about this post! Except... I am fine with no snow by me right now. You can have it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Several members of my family have come to expect that I always have a small dish with Hershey's kisses at my house. Boy, do they let me know it if it's empty. (And I'm not talking about the grandkids). I've been listening to Andy Williams' Christmas albums on my iphone. I love all the old timers -- Nat King Cole, Frank Sinatra, and of course, Bing! I should dig out our old albums. We still have a turntable around here somewhere! Sounds like a very nice weekend for you:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's nice reading about your sweet traditions. The weather has been feeling more like the holidays! I love that little radio and your Christmas albums. Music is a big part of our Christmas celebrations. We play the same CDs that we've had for years. Stay warm and cozy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Mrs Meyers too, but have never seen that scent. I've also not tried that Christmas candle scent. I do love those candles, especially on cold winter days.
    I remember having a record player when I was young too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My husband and I have most of the Christmas shopping done! Yay.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Billie Jo. I love the little Christmas radio and the Santa Hershey's Kisses. Your home looks, sounds and smells so festive! Have a lovely, cozy week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for the link to the candle! I can tell you are enjoying the season. What a fun radio. I always enjoy taking a few minutes in the early morning while it's still dark and sitting with the Christmas tree lights on. Hope you have a fantastic week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your cozy Christmas home!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. That radio looks like so much fun! And records I love them so much... maybe playing my Jim Reeves Christmas record this week will finally wake up my Christmas spirit. Thanks for the reminder ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi. I love all the little Christmassy touches around your house. It seems like life has been busy since Thanksgiving and I haven't had a lot of time to read blogs or update mine for that matter. We are busy with homeschool and Charlotte is preparing for finals next week. I'm also a bit behind on Christmas shopping. I'm mostly shopping online, but we are going to head down to Charlotte for the day this weekend where I have a few favorite little shops I like to visit during the holiday season. Looking forward to it! Stay cozy. It's a rainy and cold day here today.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello my festive Friend! 😊 I love Mrs Meyers too and used her apple cider cleaning spray all of Fall. I know I'd love that one too! And that Yankee Candle. Now I'm so curious what it smells like. Lol Still a bit more decorating to do but just a few fun things left. I have been going through all the shopping I did so early this year and trying to remember my rhyme and reason. 😆 So I'll know what shopping I have left and will start wrapping gifts and doing Christmas cards next. Currently I'm trying to catch up on blog time and sipping some sugar plum spice celestial tea (it's SO good and I definitely recommend it!) and listening to Christmas music. We have about 3 inches of snow currently. Not a lot but we got about 2 of it just today - it was getting all bare again. Now it's wintery again and I'm sending you lovely snowflake thoughts on the wind. ❄️ ⛄️
    That radio sounds adorable!! How fun and what a great find. Have a blessed week ahead. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  14. It is looking lovely and festive at your house, Billie Jo. I haven't owned a Yankee Candle in years. Perhaps I should treat myself. X

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Billie Jo! I found your blog via Mrs. White's and I thought I'd stop in and say hello :)
    I'm so glad I clicked on this post because I love Yankee candles and Mrs. Meyers, so I'll be looking for both of these scents tomorrow!

    Have a great week! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for saying hello!

Billie Jo