Hello! Happy Wednesday! You know, getting older has many perks. Yesterday, I realized that small things are what really make me happy these days. In the kitchen, I pulled out the garbage can to throw something away. The garbage had been emptied, and a fresh, clean, empty bag was waiting. I am not kidding when I tell you I felt happy! Knowing that I didn't need to jam my stuff into an overflowing mess, that someone had emptied it, most likely Flynn, and that I didn't need to worry about it made me happy. What other things bring me joy, you ask? I thought about that and came up with a few random things that made me smile.
- Opening the dishwasher to see it is still dirty. No unloading!
- A refrigerator stocked with leftovers the day after Thanksgiving
- Opening the dryer to find no clothes that need folding
- Finding an extra gallon of milk in the back of the fridge
- Wiping the kitchen counter and turning off the light after dinner
- Getting into a bed with freshly washed sheets
How about you, my friends? What things make you happy on an ordinary day?
Oh, forgot one! Stepping outside on my front porch to let the dog out and seeing this.
Have a cozy day!