July 24, 2020

Friday Again












Good morning! Join me for a cup of coffee, tea, or cocoa, won't you? Let's take a few moments to savor the beginning of a brand new day. I'm enjoying a cup of Maxwell House International French Vanilla coffee. And it is good.

We tried a new recipe this week, and it was a keeper. Just when you thought you had seen everything you could do with chicken breasts, enter Pizza Chicken! I found a recipe online and tweaked it a bit, but the idea is just what you think. Bake your chicken breasts for about 15 minutes in a 425-degree oven. If they are thick, you should pound them a bit. Then flip them over, add your favorite marinara, and top with sliced mozzarella and pepperoni. Bake 10 minutes more, or until chicken is done. I served some extra sauce on the side.

My mom is doing wonderfully through all of this! I swear she gets younger-looking as the years pass. She is safe and sound at her assisted living facility, and although we cannot physically be with her, we video chat with her and talk on the phone as well. She is with amazing, caring people who not only keep her safe, but also happy and entertained and healthy. She has the best attitude toward this situation, and once again, I strive to emulate her every day.

I hope you are well, my friends. Have a cozy weekend doing whatever it is that makes your heart happy. Whether it is hiking, swimming, shopping, or reading; you do you! Enjoy!




18 comments:

  1. Love the recipe- sounds so yummy and looks amazing! I also loved the pic of your mom- she does look younger!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it is Friday!

    And I am *officially* looking for signs of Autumn!!!

    And if I can't find them, I am *manufacturing* them!!!! ~grin~

    A new chicken recipe. Yessss! Actually here, we do them in a sauce, in the Crock Pot. Since we don't want to turn the oven on. Which would mean, turning on the A/C.

    Lovely that your Mom is safe and happy, at her facility. I certainly wish her well. And this, has to be a wonderful thing for you, her children. A load off of your minds.

    For the weekend, I will continue to follow Jose Ortiz, on his mounts. ~smile~ My choice of fun. And to read some more.

    And..... We watched some of Shark Week, last night! Imagine that?!?!?!? A brand new thing for us. And we may well, do so, again tonight. Who says you can't teach old dogs, new tricks?????!!!!?????

    Officially looking for Autumn!
    🍁🍂🍁 🍁🍂🍁

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Friday! I’m actually enjoying a hot mug of Cafix!! It’s a delicious all natural coffee alternative! Every once in a while I unfortunately gotta take a break from coffee even if it’s decaf cause I have a sensitive heart! Anyway, that is what i’m drinking! My kids would love that meal, sounds delicious!! My kids love chicken, they love pizza and add some pepperoni.. Sounds like a home run in my book!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks yummy! Glad to hear your mom is doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Billie Jo! You always make the yummiest things. You sure do look like your mom, and she is lovely lady. Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad your mom is safe and sound and keeping busy!! That's SO important.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great relief for you and your family that your dear Mum is safe and well. The care facility that she is sounds amazing. Have a great weekend, take acre and stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's a great feeling to know that your Mom
    is being well taken care of.

    Take care.

    M :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. So glad that your Mom is well cared for. Your new recipe sounds like a winner. Btw, my new cozy blanket arrived today! So glad to have been a winner in your awesome giveaway. Blessings to your and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so glad your Mom is happy and healthy! Also pizza chicken sounds delicious, I will definitely put that on my list to try. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your Mom is gorgeous and looks SO happy! We will all make it thru this "one day at a time"! That recipe sounds delicious! I love trying new things. Enjoy your day dear friend, HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have made pizza chicken and it is definitely keeper. Your mom looks so happy.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm so happy to see your mom and hear she's doing well! She's an inspiration to all of us! Also that chicken looks delicious! Definitely trying that soon! I can't believe it's Sunday night already. The weekends go by too fast! Thinking of you ALL! Talk soon! XO

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your mom looks so happy and beautiful! <3

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your Mom sounds like a wonderful lady, Billie Jo. What a sweet picture of her. It's nice that she is well taken care of where she lives. Pizza Chicken sounds Yummy! I love mozzarella cheese, it's so gooey. ; ) Your dog with the pink rose is so cute. That first vintage picture with the coffee is delightful. Love that!

    Have a wonderful rest of the week.

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a cozy post! I think I may have to go brew myself a cup of afternoon coffee! Hugs. ~Juli

    ReplyDelete
  17. That recipe sounds like a keeper! And adore your Mom. She looks amazing!! Love her smile ❤️

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for saying hello!

Billie Jo