February 17, 2020

Keeping It Real










I had the house to myself yesterday afternoon. Want to know what I did? I cleaned my house. Well, the main floor. Before you crown me queen of wives and mothers and keepers of the home, I have to tell you that it has been a loooooong time since I cleaned the house like this. And I didn't take any before pictures because there is enough sadness in the world.

I always keep it real around here, and therefore I will tell you I do have an amazing woman who comes in every now and then and cleans for me. Her name is Tracey, and I have never seen anyone clean like she does. This house is pristine after she leaves! We keep it up in between, of course. But today, I felt like cleaning. And It felt good.

I also did some rearranging, and fresh decorating. As I mentioned before, I like to shop in my own home for items to use in different places. Easy and inexpensive, right? I worked all afternoon, stopping only for a Kind Bark break...that stuff is delicious...and when I was done, I took a hot shower, and hopped on the couch, where I plan on remaining for the foreseeable future.

Have a great Monday, my friends.
I am hoping this 50-year-old body doesn't give me grief for all the cleaning I did!
Thanks for visiting!




14 comments:

  1. Love, love, love your home...my home needs a deep cleaning, sigh. Have a beautiful day friend. smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have such a beautiful home! What does that Calm candle smell like? Seems like a great scent for this time of year. Hope you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My house needs cleaning top to bottom and it might take a professional to get it just right:) It feels good to do it instead of "ME just talking about" doing it! Enjoy your day and your sparkly clean house! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it! A clean home just feels soooo good! Hope you have a great President's Day! Relax and enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're house always looks spotless! So warm and cozy too! Those days of cleaning are hard work but always feels so good afterwards. I"m glad you were able to hit the couch after. I hope you are still there relaxing!! Can't wait to see you soon! : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it! It's a great sense of accomplishment, once it's all done. I also love to shop in my own house. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mine is gardening, that is when I get sore. The house becomes a wreck as I traipse back and forth with muddy shoes. After I work outside I have to work inside and I am very sore.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love how a good deep clean feels! And that chocolate looks amazing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Billie, Now I like to write my name in the dust before I clean...that's a joke, but oh my goodness it's looking almost that bad at times. :) 50 ! , take that young body and run around the block, you crack me up. Then you can can some chocolate and coffee. I like the clean house . I love when I know I have done my best cleaning here. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  10. It always feels so good to arrange or rearrange things in the home and glad you were able to do that as you cleaned.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I often shop my own little cottage and rearrange, what a sense of achievement this gives. You are blessed with a beautiful home.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love it when I'm in a cleaning mood and can get everything exactly the way I want it. It just never stays that way very long!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's nice seeing bits of your charming home, Billie Jo. I love that 'let's stay in' sign, as home is the best place to be. The chocolate almond bark sounds delicious. I'm glad you got to clean your house. It always feels better when we tidy up and organize. I'm putting my Valentine stuff away today. That frame with words on your wall is lovely, and how nice that it's the same words as your blog name. Love that. I hope February is being good to you, Billie Jo.

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for saying hello!

Billie Jo