August 29, 2018

A Super Simple Weeknight Supper

Time to pull out those Crock-Pots, ladies...it is almost fall! Actually, I use mine all summer. But, I digress. Have you ever had one of those days where you have no plans for dinner, but you don't want to eat takeout? A few weeks ago, Madison and I threw this simple supper together in the morning and let it cook all day. It was amazing! Want to give it a try?


First, chop up some tomatoes, green peppers, fresh garlic, and sweet onions.
Throw them into your Crock-Pot.


Put some frozen chicken breasts on top of the veggies.

Here's the hard part.
Are you ready?
Sprinkle with some seasoning, and pour some vegetable broth over top.
Just enough to cover it.
And if you have some, add some fresh basil.
I know. Tricky, right?

After it cooks away all day long, while you are cleaning, working, ironing, napping, or watching Lifetime movies, open it up, and shred the chicken with a couple forks.
It will look like this!

We served it over some fluffy rice.
Enjoy!!!!

(Oh, I must add that there are conflicting thoughts on using frozen chicken in the Crock-Pot.
I used thin chicken breasts and cooked it all day...around eight hours on low.
It was fine.)








24 comments:

  1. Looks great! So many ways you could serve this dish. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUM and yes I will give it a try! We love eating crock-pot meals and I use mine all year! Have a blessed day dear friend, HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I use my crock pot all year round as well, and that looks like a recipe to try. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks delicious! I love easy and I love my crockpot.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am definitely pro frozen chicken in the crockpot. Why thaw if you don't have to? This looks so good. How is the tomato flavor? I have one kid who will eat sauce and ketchup but if it looks like a tomato has an issue. (Kids are so funny like that!) It looks like it would be easy enough to avoid a tomato chunk though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks delicious, my friend! I love slow cooker meals and like you, I use it all summer. It cuts down on the heat {{smiles}}

    Thanks for sharing and have a most beautiful day! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks SO good and SO easy! My kind of meal! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks delicious. I love those easy recipes. Want to hear my funny tip? If you want to shred any meat perfectly-use a hand mixer with the regular beaters and run it through your meat a few times. You won't BELIEVE how well that works! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  9. You inspired me! I am going to make this soon! Looks so yummy. Hugs dear friend. ~Juli

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yummy! I make something a little similar but add black beans and serve with salsa and sour cream. Thank you for sharing!!!! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely meal, Billie Jo. I use my slow cooker often in the summer. Who wants to heat up the kitchen? I use the Fix and Forget It cookbooks that are full of inspiration for using the slow cooker. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks really good! IMO, putting frozen chicken breasts in the crockpot is the best way to do it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I use my crock-pot in the summer too! This really sounds yummy!! So easy! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I LOVE my crockpot, I use it all year long :-) This looks yummy! I just posted a recipe tonight that I made in my air fryer... turned out so delicious! Have a great night.

    Blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my gosh Billie that's perfect! My mom is going to visit this weekend and I can taste your chicken already! I'm gonna give it a try! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yum! Crockpot food is the best!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Billie Jo!

    I love my Crockpot for quick meals, and this one looks so yummy. What a great way to use some of the fresh garden produce this time of year! Thanks for sharing!

    Hugs and Love,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  18. YUM!! This looks delicious! I love a good crock pot recipe! I am putting this one on my list to try. Love it! Thank you for sharing!!! Crock pots are the best, aren't they?! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  19. Looks great! With Fall approaching so quickly I think this will be a go to meal.
    xx Beca

    ReplyDelete
  20. This looks so simple but so yummy! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Looks so good! Will definitely plan on adding to my list!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love the crock pot too!!! This is one I'm going to try!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Delicious!! And yes! I use my crockpot throughout the year. It's too hot to turn the oven on in the kitchen down in TX. Thanks for sharing the recipe!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Looks good! I used to use my crock pot often. I haven't taken it out of the cabinet in ages though!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for saying hello!

Billie Jo