April 5, 2017

And Then There Were Two

I love hanging photos of my children throughout my home. And I love doing it in groupings. I have all their four month photos in the kitchen, their eight month photos in the family room, and their one year photos going up the stairs. This past weekend, Steve hung another photo.

We hung my Peyton Rose's Graduation photo on the wall, next to my Madison.
Looking at these two beautiful young women makes me proud. Very proud. It also makes me ache a bit for the two adorable little girls who giggled as they played Barbies and watched Arthur together after school. 

It seems as if we just took little Peyton to get her one year picture taken at Sears Portrait Studio. She did not think it was awesome, and cried rather loudly until Steve found a white bouncy ball, which she insisted on holding while we got the cutest picture ever.

It seems as if we just walked my brave little Peyton into her Kindergarten class and waved as she gave us her sweet little smile and went on her way.

 Years pass. Children grow. 
 We hang more photos on the wall, commemorating these major milestones in our children's lives.
And it is good.








15 comments:

  1. Oh sweet friend, what an exciting time for all of you! Your children are absolutely precious and your two oldest are such beautiful role-models. What a joy, Billie Jo!

    Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This did my heart good. So beautiful. Thank you for sharing and being the incredible role model of a mama that you are.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this. We too have filled our home with photos of the girls throughout the years.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is good. And they are beautiful. Peyton, from what I know from your blog, has grown into such a wonderful baker, sister and friend. Plus graduating early? Wow! You are blessed indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Watching them grow is bittersweet. My heart burst with pride at the young lady my daughter is becoming and aches for the little girl that she once was. It is good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful girls. I hear you- we went through the same thing over the years...and now we see it happening with our grandkids---and they seem to grow even faster than their parents did. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awwww......thank you for the smiles...and what is Miss Peyton's plan? College? Work? I know, nosy rosy here. smiles (and I am over the moon full of happiness for you, Billie Jo)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your girls are so lovely, Billie Jo. Seeing them grow into wonderful women brings you so much joy! Thank you for sharing your heart with us. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. this made me cry!!! Love it, they look so good together <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. They are both such beautiful women - just like their mom!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such beautiful and amazing young women! True testaments to what wonderful parents they have as well. ;) Time goes far too fast. ::sigh:: But the alternative is far worse - so forward we will go and enjoy taking time to reflect now and then.

    Blessings sweet little Mama. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. They are so beautiful!!! This post made me teary. Each milestone is bittersweet. You are a fabulous mother and it shows in your children ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  13. So beautiful! It is lovely that you have and keep this pictures and the memories they hold.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such beautiful girls. I'm the same way, I have all 3 of my girls' Senior pics hanging in the hallway. Time goes way too fast.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for saying hello!

Billie Jo