July 27, 2026

Monday Morning Coffee

 


Good Monday morning! Guess what week it is?? Yep! It is Shark Week! Tune in to the Discovery Channel this week and find all kinds of programming, both educational and entertaining, about...you guessed it...sharks! Tomorrow night we are having our upteenth Shark Week Party here, and I will post pictures on Wednesday. It is just some simple food, games, and fun. And once again, my family indulges me in my love of all things holiday.

This past weekend was nice here. The oppressive heat has lifted for the time being, and being outside is much more bearable. Our weekends are not that exciting, as Flynn is usually working at the smoothie shop and Rhett is as well at the restaurant he manages. Steve keeps busy all the time, whether going to the farmer's market with Madison, going to lunch with one of the many friends he has made here, walking, walking, and walking, or taking Flynn driving in preparation for her driver's test in the fall. That leaves me, and I am happy cleaning, organizing, planning, reading, and napping. Lesson for any introverted homebody: Marry an extrovert who enjoys people and shopping. So on to the photos...


The little girl with the long hair, pretty bows, and sweet dresses is now a beautiful, confident teenager who drives!


Saturday dinner out is becoming a thing, and I am here for it. Especially when it involves homemade lemon blueberry cake made by a pastry chef.





 Crossing the bridge Sunday evening on the way to Mass is a weekly occurrence too.




Random pictures from a weekend in July...




And a Monday morning walk before the storm rolls in...










Have a happy Monday, my friends!

Here is the Shark Week Schedule if you are interested!


Billie Jo

2 comments:

  1. You really are living the life. I'm with you, I'm happy being an introvert and my husband is the extrovert. He told me I need to start reaching out to women in the church and make friends with them but I am happy and content in my little bubble. As Dorothy said, there's no place like home. Enjoy shark week! I tune in here and there. I love how you make it into a huge event.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Monday friend! Oh to be so excited about shark shows on tv...completely with a party to celebrate! You know how to be the every day things fun!! Nice that your family enjoys it too!! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for saying hello!

Billie Jo