October 11, 2024

A Touch Of Halloween Spooky

Hello and Happy Friday! I'm sharing a few spaces in our home that are cozy, spooky, and ready for Halloween. Many of these things I have had for over thirty years. So, while it is tempting to buy all the cute new things I see every year, I find comfort in the familiarity of those I set out year after year. When the kids were little, we had a special day for Halloween decorating. I got them each a pair of Halloween jammies; we waited until dusk, put on our favorite CD, which we still have, and lugged the orange tote with the jack-o-lantern on it up the basement steps.

Years and years ago, I bought two small Yankee candles, one Witches Brew and the other Candy Corn. When I was packing up Halloween one year, I put them inside the box, and the next year, when we opened it, everything inside smelled like the candles! The fragrance is like patchouli, and we love it. Why am I telling you this? Would you believe that I still have those candles? Everything still smells like that. The kids say that smell will always be Halloween to them. 

  
















Have a wonderful weekend, my friends! If you want something to watch, Halloweentown is a fun, festive choice. And there are three more in the series! 





(This one has a different girl. Not our favorite. )

Billie Jo

Our favorite Halloween CD for years and years!


(Google for the images.)

3 comments:

  1. I love your decorations. I have nothing out. Our DIL loves Halloween and the decorations are fabulous. Fun for James! Enjoy your weekend too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Halloweentown is the best! Can you even believe Marnie and Kal got married in real life? It makes me happy.

    I love candles but patchouli gives me a headache, luckily there are so many great scents to choose from!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love seeing all your Halloween decorations. I keep the same decorations each year as well though I've cleared quite a bit out recently and some of our outdoor decor is starting to show some wear. Do you still burn those candles? Or did you keep the jars for the sentimental?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for saying hello!

Billie Jo