March 29, 2023

No Rush Here


Good morning, my friends! Thank you for the get-well wishes, and I must tell you, they appear to be helping. I was thinking today that this chest cold has really helped me keep things in perspective. It is no secret that I am organized and work best on a schedule. The past few days have reminded me that we can plan all we want and schedule to our heart's content, but life may have other plans. And that is ok! Let's take a look at what I had planned for this week, shall we?

1. Decorate for Easter

2. Update my planner

3. Write out Easter cards

4. Attend Adoration at church

5. Take Flynn to the orthodontist

6. Attend the penance service at church

7. Go to my eye doctor's appointment

8. Keep the laundry up

9. Organize lesson plans for make-up work



Here is what I have actually done so far this week.

1. Drank so much water

2. Acquired a taste for bone broth

3. Tried unsuccessfully not to laugh with Rhett because it led to coughing, and coughing hurts too much

4. Became way too invested in the Gwyneth Paltrow ski collision trial on tv

5. Slept for three days in an unmade bed with rumpled sheets

6. Called and rescheduled the above appointments

7. Realized how blessed I really am

I used to have a much harder time with these changes in our routines. I couldn't wait to throw open the windows and Lysol the sheets and get things "Back to Normal." Getting older has made me realize that these sick days of crumpled tissues, dirty dishes, and cups with straws scattered everywhere are our normal too. There is no rush. And that my list of things will always be there for me when I'm ready. But for now, I have to run. The trial is just about to start for the day, and I really need to see what will happen!



Stay hydrated and healthy, my friends!
Have a cozy day!

Billie Jo


19 comments:

  1. I am glad you feel on the upward swing! I love your perspective!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some days and weeks are messy and that is just all part of life. Glad to hear you're able to just roll with it now. Hope you continue to feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad you're feeling better and resetting your schedule to keep self at home and blessed. I stayed home Tuesday instead of going shopping in a different city. Recipes gone through that were in a folder and put into a notebook. Went thru cds I have as well. Nice birds in water close to you. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am following the Gwyneth Ski Trial too!! And the thing with an actress is that when she is on the stand, you don't know if she is acting or not! You have such a great attitude about your setback! And made a funny post as well! Blessings to you, and I hope you get well soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can relate to having a schedule interrupted. I love my grandchildren, but I am ready to have my space back and get back into a routine.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just cannot get a routine but I will keep trying. I can so relate to you right now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Gwenyth ski trial is definitely interesting! I have not been able to follow it as closely as I want to but I am totally fascinated as well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad you are feeling better and drinking your water. Guess I'm behind the times, need to see what this ski trial is all about. Hope you have a great night!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So happy to hear you're feeling better my Lovely. And AMEN to this whole sentiment. Sometimes we truly need to stop and smell the roses...or take naps with soft kleenex next to the bed. 😉 And the lysol will be right there in the cupboard when it's time to use it. I hope you stay cozy too and continue to rest. Blessings. xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm glad that things are looking better and you're feeling better. I know it can be so difficult when life gives you a curve ball. I'm glad you've come to an appreciation of these trying times. Keep feeling better.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes - you need to rest when you are sick. All those things can wait!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hydration is so important as I am reminded by the doctor.

    ReplyDelete
  13. So glad you are starting to feel better. We have been following the Gwyneth Paltrow trial as well. It's hard not to because it is taking place about 30 minutes from where we live. Personally, I think the retired optometrist plowed into Paltrow and is now trying to get some of her money. Who knows, though. I'm not a lawyer, but just seems like he is looking for $$$$$$$ and a little bit of fame. I don't feel sorry for him. Would love to know your thoughts since you are probably following the trial more than I am. I am glad you are taking it easy this week. Continue to rest and recover. See you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's amazing how aging-even a bit-can change our outlook on things, isn't it? I don't drive myself like I used to-don't set all the almost impossible to reach goals for myself that I once did. It feels good! I hope you continue to recover and get back to your "normal" soon. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  15. So glad you are feeling better! Those to-do lists will always be there.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm glad you're beginning to feel better! Isn't the wisdom that comes with age a wonderful gift?

    ReplyDelete
  17. Glad you're feeling better, Billie Jo. Even though you've been under the weather, this is a beautiful post. And what beautiful shots of the lake.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh, I hope you feel better with each day, Billie Jo. Your views out the window make my heart sing. Those pretty Geese on the water, they are coming around more. Yes, we never know life's unexpected surprises. We had two feet of snow this week! It came out of nowhere. When you talked about getting older, it made me think that you are doing it with grace. And that is a wonderful thing. ; )

    ~Sheri

    **thanks for the reminder to drink more water. That's something I need to do more.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm glad you're on the mend. Take things easy and be sure to rest up when you need. X

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for saying hello!

Billie Jo