November 18, 2022

Random Thoughts For A Friday


Good Friday morning, my friends! Sometimes when I sit down to type out a post, I have a specific thought or idea to share. Other times, today, for example, I have several random thoughts swirling in my mind. So, here goes in no particular order, of course.

~

Time passes so quickly. Literally, I look out at the lake today, and I see it as it is. But in my mind, I feel like I was out there swimming, boating, and spraying sunscreen everywhere. I will never understand how time seems to speed up as we age. It hurts my brain to even try.

~

My calendar is filling up for the rest of November and December. I am trying not to get anxious about the days I am committed to being somewhere, even somewhere I want to be! I will take one day at a time and focus on being present wherever I am.

~

Ornament Day was a success! All the kids could come, and afterward, they came back here for a taco dinner and some family fun. As I get older, I am learning to accept help when I need it, and I am so thankful I have children who always offer to do just that. Peyton made the taco meat, Kyrstin chopped all the vegetables, Nicolas and Rhett got my Christmas tree down from storage and set it up, Madison fluffed all the branches, Christopher helped Steve install batteries in all the smoke detectors, and Flynn played with all the pups. 

~

This year is the first since 1997 I am not sending Christmas cards. I have sent photos or photo cards of our family every year since Madison turned one! This year, I am choosing to simplify and send just a few handwritten cards to people who may need extra joy this season. 

~

Well, that's it for today! I am off to get some cereal with blueberries and raspberries. I got the best raspberries at the store this week! What a treat. Thanks for visiting, my friends. Have a cozy weekend!

Oh! One more thing. I am wondering about two special blogger friends who have not posted in a while. If you know anything about Lorraine from Mamas Mercantile or Linda from Ramblings of a Retired Lady, could you please drop me a line? I have been thinking about both of them, as they are very good blogger friends.




Thank you!

Billie Jo









18 comments:

  1. It is mind boggling how quickly time seems to pass now. I remember as a kid, it seemed like forever between one Christmas to another or one summer vacation to another and now...BAM...here it is again.
    Have a wonderful weekend Billie Jo!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have also wondered about Linda. She reminds me of my mom.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Time goes by so quickly! As I get older I realize how precious each moment is. Handwritten cards are so fun to get, but like you, I reserve them for family and special friends who need a little lift during the holidays. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think I have ever sent cards. It's not my thing, but then again, my aunt used to do a newsletter. I may end up doing that next year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was just talking at my work about how time seems like it has sped up so much. How I feel like I'm on a roller coaster going down the hill and SO ready for a slowing down curve. Love getting Christmas cards but have never done the handwritten notes, a newsletter for a couple years when the kids were small and then, I just switched to signing our names for simplicity. Some years I'm better about sending than others. Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your random thoughts! I am so glad your ornament tradition went so swimmingly. What a treat for you all. Isn't it crazy how fast the days fly by?

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is always scary when people just drop off, as they become part of your life.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Time definitely flies on by! It's so great that you have such a close family. It is my wish that as my kids get older they still want to do all the things with me. Hope you have a cozy weekend! It's soooo cold! We have yet to get snow here in south central PA but will see a flake here and there.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Like you, I'm only sending out a few cards this year after 50 years of mailing cards! Your ornament time and tacos sound wonderful! You have a great family! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes - time sure does speed up. I'm still sending cards. I enjoy it and enjoying getting them even more! :)
    I know Linda and have also been worried about her. I've posted on her FB but haven't heard anything back.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It sounds like you have the decorating well in hand in your family!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have sent cards all of my life. I love getting them…

    ReplyDelete
  13. Will you please send the kids here? (grin)---I am on the fence about sending cards this year---for obvious reasons...but we shall see. Have a beautiful day friend.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love how your family gets together to enjoy the season, Billie Jo! I used to send out a lot of Christmas greetings as well. I now limit my list to folks that I won't be seeing. I've wondered about Lorraine as well. We really do get to know and love our blog friends, don't we? Have a lovely Thanksgiving, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Time does tend to speed up it seems and I don't like it. Your ornament day sounds lovely. I am like you in that my calender is filling up and it's making me anxious. I'm just trying to focus on each day. I hope you have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi friend. What a blessing it is to have children who help us out. I was just saying to my husband how fast this year has gone by. I want to wish you and your beautiful family a very happy Thanksgiving. Hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Time flies by much too quickly. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. I hope both your blogger friends are well.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for saying hello!

Billie Jo