August 12, 2022

Friday Photos~Like A Bunch Of Photos!

 


Good Friday morning! It is mid-August in Pennsylvania, so I will give you one guess what I am enjoying here with my coffee. If you thought zucchini bread, you are correct! I. Love. Zucchini. Bread. And you know why I love it even more now? I don't have to make it! I know I have mentioned this before, but it bears repeating. When you have little ones, you may think it is extra work to have them help you in the kitchen. It is, I suppose. But the rewards far outweigh that. I hold so many beautiful memories of baking with my little ones. Madison sitting at the counter helping me sprinkle brown sugar on her birthday blackberry pie, Peyton and Rhett taking turns stirring a big bowl of brownie batter, then sitting on yellow plastic chairs in front of the oven watching them bake, and of course, Peyton teaching Flynn all the same things I taught her. Peyton now bakes in her own kitchen, and I am happy to reap the benefits! Her zucchini bread is amazing!

August also means peaches! Steve absolutely loves fresh peaches. He has a friend who provides us with juicy peaches every year, and for a couple weeks in August, we are all about peaches. Steve's favorite way to eat them is over a bowl of Cinnamon Life cereal. And, in pie, of course.



He and Madison prepared all these delicious-looking peach crumb pies this week. They mixed and peeled and crumbled. They baked one and froze the others. Look how perfect!


Summer is winding down around the lake. I know we have a month or so of summer weather, but once school starts along with all the activities, people are too busy to boat and tube and swim as much. It gets oddly quiet as if the lake takes a much-needed rest after a busy summer. No complaints from me.




Last night, Nicolas and Madison took Flynn to a play in our little town. It makes my heart so happy and thankful that my children are each others' best friends. They also took her out to dinner beforehand. Something we like to do when we are all scattered is send pictures of our dinner in our family group text. I know. I know. Weird? Maybe. But fun too!


Flynn sent a picture of this shrimp and crab pasta...


Steve and I sent pics of our meals from a restaurant across town. Steve got some sort of fajita situation that I think he regretted once he saw my delicious turkey dinner. And yes. I shared with him. : )



Kyrstin cooked a delicious-looking meal for her and Rhett. It was breaded cod with homemade garlic toast!


Peyton shared the meal she made for her and Chris, homemade shrimp and crab stuffed pasta. She literally made the ravioli!


Well, that wraps up the week here, my friends. Have a wonderful weekend in your part of the world. Many things in our country are crappy, for lack of a better word, and I am aware of it. Although it may seem as if I am burying my head in the sand and pretending it is all sprinkles and butterflies, I am not. I am choosing to avoid the unnecessary negative drama that is the news today, to educate myself when necessary, and to surround myself with things that bring me peace. More importantly, I am giving it to God in prayer. I am sorry I have not been around to visit as much as I want. I will be snuggling on the couch this weekend, and I can't wait to grab my laptop and a cup of coffee and spend some time here in Blogland!


Happy Weekend!

Billie Jo

21 comments:

  1. Okay all of that food looks so good!! I am glad it's nearly lunch time here. Now I especially want a peach pie and to try fresh peaches over Cinnamon Life. (It sounds like it'd be really tasty!) Enjoy your weekend. (And I also am not burying my head in the sand, just praying and trying not to engage.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful food! I love Zucchini Bread as well. And I'm trying to avoid the news like the plague. Too much toxicity.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, peaches, I agree!. I live in Southwestern Michigan and our county is known as the largest non-citrus fruit-growing region in the nation. I freeze peaches every August, buy them straight from a farm and so far have frozen over 3 bushels; would love to do more but the freezer is full! I eat them with my cereal also but this year am going to try some peach smoothies as well. Enjoy your pies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how your family shares so much together! The peach pies are beautiful and I'm sure will be delightful when winter arrives. The deer on your lawn tells me how comfortable they must be now that the lake is not as busy--so pretty. Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi friend! I LOVE all the food pictures! I am a total foodie myself. I always take pictures of food I make and food we order in restaurants. I also love a good coffee/cappuccino picture. Apples were calling my name at the grocery store the other day so I'm planning to make an apple crisp this weekend. It doesn't exactly feel like fall here, but I am so ready for it. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your zucchini bread situation sounds pretty perfect. LOL. And the peach pies - oh my! While I'm looking forward to making a peach cobbler once it cools down more, we can't eat too much of that kind of thing, so I've been freezing peaches for snacking on later. Cooking with fresh (or our own preserved) fruit is pretty amazing. The lake pictures are just gorgeous. Enjoy the quieter season.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree that Covid is making things bad especially because others don’t take it seriously…the war in Eukraine is bad…prices are going down…we got the best Social security raise in eons…those things are good…I tend to look at the positive and not dwell…

    ReplyDelete
  8. All of that food looks delicious! We love to send pictures of our ridiculous cats in our family group chat - that and links to funny TikToks. Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those peach pies look absolutely delicious! Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh those pies look PERFECT! I don't think I have ever made a peach pie. Peach cobbler, yes, but not a pie. Have a happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh yum, all that food looks sooooo good! I love peaches, too. I just bought some and am thinking about making a crisp tomorrow. Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. SO much good food in this post. Now I am hungry. Zucchini bread, YUM. Enjoy your evening dear friend. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  13. That all looks so good!

    ReplyDelete
  14. All that food looks absolutely delicious, but those peach pies look amazing! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. I actually made zucchini bread this morning. All of the food looks delicious especially the peach pies. YUM! We have had so many dear visiting the last few weeks. We have a lot of babies and they are so cute to see.
    Enjoy your weekend my friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. The zucchini bread looks delicious.
    I am totally non-political on my blog intentionally though in my daily life I do have opinions and thoughts. I limit my exposure to current events and now choose to read news rather than watching it. I want straight up facts without opinions and that is hard to get no matter which news stations you watch.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I like zucchini bread as well. I have enough zucchini in freezer to make bread. Nice deer close to your house. It's gotten a bit cooler in Oregon in our spot. Into mid 90s mid week coming up. I just got off work a bit ago. Off my feet as my knee needs rest. Have a blessed weekend and enjoy your coffee...tea for me. 😃

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such beautiful photos, my friend...and I simply cannot believe how grown-up Flynn is...wow, how time has flown. Wishing you beautiful week ahead. smiles

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your last words are so very special, Billie Jo. And those deer! Just catching up on your sweet posts this Sunday morning. : )

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for saying hello!

Billie Jo