October 15, 2021

Halfway Through Already, Some Movie Ideas, And A Quick Recipe


We are halfway through October already. Halfway through the cozy, spooky, relaxing month leading up to the festive months of holidays. I've tried to be more mindful of the changes outside my front door so far. The gradual transition of leaves from bright to muted green to red, yellow, and gold before breaking off and falling to the ground. I've tried to breathe in that indescribable, crisp scent exclusive to this month whenever I take the pups out. Although, to be honest, it has been a bit too warm here for my taste. Temperatures in the upper 70's mean my sweaters and sweatshirts don't work quite as well. : )

If you haven't had time to savor all that October has to offer, don't worry! We still have some time left. Go for that ride to look at the changing leaves. Sit outside with your morning coffee. Light a scented candle after dinner and watch a Halloween movie with your people. Not sure what to watch? No worries. I keep an ongoing list on my phone for just that reason. Here are a few of my favorites.

Halloween Movies


Halloweentown

Halloweentown ll

Halloweentowntown High

Twitches

Twitches Too

It's The Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown

Hotel Transylvania 


Psycho (1960)

The Wolf Man (1941)

Frankeinstein (1931)

Halloween (1978)


( The last ones are for when the kids are asleep.)

Nothing to see here. Just my daughter's dog Draper not creepily staring at me while Flynn and I watch Drake and Josh in bed.


I made an old but favorite meal last night. We call it Turkey Pie, because apparently you can make it with ground turkey, but I use ground beef now. Just brown a pound of meat, drain, and add 2 cups of your favorite salsa. Put in a pie pan greased and lined with your favorite pizza crust or a can of crescent roll dough like I did this time. Then bake at 450 degrees for 20 minutes. Top with some shredded cheddar cheese and bake until melted.  I actually double this and use a 13x9 glass pan.

Ok. That is all I have this morning. Have a fabulous October weekend, my friends. Thanks for visiting!

Billie Jo

18 comments:

  1. Movie night tonight for us is Halloweentown!!! Happy October weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's The Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown was always a favorite around here! It's been hot here too so no crisp mornings yet. But I think they might be arriving next week

    ReplyDelete
  3. The leaves are not turning here yet, but they will soon__maybe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tonight we will be watching Spookley, the Square Pumpkin. Leaves are trying to turn here but it has been hot. Supposed to have storms come through tonight and only be 59 tomorrow. I cant wait! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Billie Jo - We had a cold rainy week, but today is a gorgeous, crisp, perfect fall day, and Charly and I went out for a walk enjoyed it. That recipe looks like one my family would enjoy, so I will have to give it a try. Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It indeed has been very warm--even here in the Southern Tier of NY...and I see that will change starting tomorrow. I haven't had time to watch anything or even really enjoy the season, although today I will make cupcakes. I hope you have a beautiful day, friend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an awesome post! The turkey pie looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It finally hit the 60's here today- it was heavenly!!! :) I splurged for a scented candle (Blooming Mums) at the grocery store, of all places. I lit it and am sitting down to work on some fun things for the preschoolers I teach these days. I forget to light candles, but they really do set a mood, don't they? :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I know, October is going too fast. I make that recipe with ground beef too, adding taco seasoning and we call it taco pie:) Enjoy this day dear friend, HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can't believe we are already half way through the month! We've been so busy we haven't even watched all the scary movies we've wanted yet. I love the cute sheets you have on the bed, it's finally cool enough here to enjoy slow lazy mornings laying in bed. Love this time of year, Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I do it with eggs and taco mix and call it taco pie. I'm trying to cut out bread.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hahaha Draper loves you. ❤️ Turkey pie looks so yummy. Miss you. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Pretty fall photos! Our leaves have barely started changing around here. I watched Hocus Pocus over the weekend, about as scary as I can do though I'm always tempted by the more serious scary movies. The turkey pie looks delicious as well.

    ReplyDelete
  14. The turkey pie looks delicious. I like your festive table cloth. 'It's The Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown' is such a delightful show, and Draper looks so content sleeping on the Peanuts blanket. Such a cute photo. The golden leaves are starting to show in your area. It's already very cold here, in the 40's, and I have all my flannels all washed and ready to wear. ; )

    Have a good October week, Billie Jo.

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow -- that dish looks so yummy!! Love your recipes! Almost 80 in Nebraska yesterday, but cooling off now and only in the 50s! Have a great Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I've been enjoying every second of Fall that I'm able. Some leaves are gone already due to some blustery days. But still pretty out there. Going to get our pumpkins so we can carve them this weekend. I haven't watched any halloween kind of movies yet...need to do that too! Thanks for the great list. And for sharing your yummy recipe. You always have the best ones. 😊

    ReplyDelete
  17. The recipe looks really good, Billie Jo! It's warming up here, too, not exactly sweater weather. But the leaves are changing and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I must try that recipe, asap, Billie Jo, a wonderful fall post you have posted, I am really enjoying our fall weather, thank you for sharing..
    Sue

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for saying hello!

Billie Jo