June 14, 2019

Scenes From The Second Week Of Summer

















So far our summer has been pleasant, cozy, relaxing, and full of fresh and delicious food. We are enjoying temperatures in the seventies which allow for morning walks followed by breakfast on the deck. 

We are getting accustomed to days without schooling, although Flynn requested we continue with some summer school! I am happy to oblige. Along with some hands-on activities and independent reading, I am planning on some review worksheets that will reinforce basic facts and comprehension. I am also planning on having her choose and prepare a meal or dessert from one of her cookbooks too.

Speaking of meals, we are enjoying some summertime favorites! Steve makes the best hamburgers on the grill. The best. He simply mixes ground beef with some Lipton Onion Seasoning Mix and water. Once he forms them, he indents each one in the middle with his thumb. This allows them to cook without shrinking up. I cut some garden lettuce, some fresh tomatoes, added some pasta salad, and we had a delicious summer meal.

Another delicious meal we enjoyed this week was actually prepared by Nicolas' Dad Peter last February. He made Chicken Curry when he was here, and put the extra in the freezer. I pulled it out the other day, Madison and Nicolas prepared the toppings and we enjoyed an amazing meal without the fuss. I should have watched when Peter was making it because I cannot wait to make it again! Madison assures me that she and Nicolas can make it for us. It is a delicious chicken and spicy dish served over rice. You can top it with pineapple, bananas, peanuts, cucumber, coconut, and tomatoes. So good!

We also went to a church Strawberry Festival this week. We enjoyed visiting and some delicious strawberry shortcake, the perfect June dessert.






And Happy Father's Day to this guy.
When I fell in love with him all those years ago, I could not have imagined the amazing father he would be to our children. The love, guidance, respect, knowledge, and fun he gives them every single day is a blessing to us all.

Finally, Happy Father's Day in Heaven to my father.
I miss him every single day.

Have a lovely weekend, my friends.
Enjoy with those you love!





14 comments:

  1. Happy Fathers Day to Steve and your father in Heaven. Enjoy the mild weather, my friend. smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum yum yum! All of that sounds so good. I can't wait to see what Flynn cooks up this summer. Have a wonderful Father's Day celebrating Steve.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a beautiful post!! Happy Father's Day to your hubby!! Great photos. xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Summer is such a wonderful time of year. I loved seeing your pictures. I especially loved the one with you and your dear father! God bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your dinner table looks SO yummy! I'm going to try Steve's method of grilling- I love making burgers, and those sound really good! I'm also happy about our summer temps- the 70's are bearable- not like when it gets in the 90's- ugh! So I'm enjoying it now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those meals look delicious and I will have to try that recipe cooking burgers :-) Madison looks stunning in that gorgeous gown!! All wonderful pictures of your family. Enjoy these days of summer my friend

    Blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your flowers are all beautiful and I love the first photo with Mocha peeking out the window. Happy Fathers's day to Steve. We don't celebrate it until the first week of September here so Hubby has a few months to wait :) xx Susan

    ReplyDelete
  8. A joy to visit and admire all your summer meals. The burgers sound delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I didn't know that if you indent the center of a burger it won't shrink! I'm gonna have that next time! Your pictures are stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey there friend- I'm back to blogging and reading yours... which makes me so happy! Happy summer my friend. I can't wait to 'catch up' here with all thats wonderful in your world and with your family. I love the scenes from summer at your house! Wishing you a beautiful day! xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Everything looks lovely Billie Jo! The food, the flowers, and especially the smiling faces! Happy Father's Day to Steve! I hope you all had a wonderful day together! Miss you guys!! XO

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Father's day to your Honey; we are both blessed in that aspect. Nothing better than a good Daddy to your kids! I love your summer pics. The food looks delicious and I can't help but sing "How much is that Doggie in the window" from your first pic. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I always enjoy your pictures. So beautiful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Summer! Great pics. I love the doggie in the window in the first one.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for saying hello!

Billie Jo