February 22, 2019

Friday Phone Pictures From The Wedding

One of these days I am going to post things not related to the wedding. Today is not that day. While we wait for the professional photos, I found a few fun pictures on my phone to share.


All ready to head to Pittsburgh and begin the wedding weekend Friday morning!

Happy daughters on the way to the wedding!

Nicolas was thrilled that my sweetest ever friend Heather made not one, but two of her famous carrot cakes for dessert at the delicious Rehearsal Dinner hosted by his parents. Heather baked and transported them all the way to Pittsburgh just for Nicolas and Madison. 

We were beyond blessed that our parish priest and friend Father Ross not only came to Pittsburgh to officiate the marriage of Madison and Nicolas but also stayed and offered a beautiful mass on Sunday morning in the chapel at the hotel, Mansions On Fifth. It was a beautiful mass and was made even more special because it fell on the fifth anniversary of my dear Dad's passing. 

The newlyweds spent an extra night in Pittsburgh celebrating with their super nice best friends from Denmark. We planned a little welcome home celebration for them complete with a delicious raspberry cake from our local bakery and some fresh flowers too. We enjoyed the time together while they opened their gifts. We were so happy to be able to share this special time with Nicolas' family, who stayed with us during the wedding festivities.

My favorite newlywed couple. : )

Have a wonderful weekend, my friends.
These two are off to warm weather for their honeymoon.
I am off to my bed for some coffee and Lifetime movies.




20 comments:

  1. Such a great time! And I'm not sure I will ever get tired of seeing pictures from their wedding. I am anxiously awaiting the professional pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for sharing these pics, my friend. They are all wonderful! I do love the last one especially...but they are all wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such beautiful photos of an amazing weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow -- so beautiful! Best wishes for a long and happy life for the newlyweds!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Billie Jo!

    I've so enjoyed going back and looking at the wedding photos you have posted, they are just gorgeous!! So many truly special experiences, these are things that will be forever in your heart! Best wishes to, Madison and Nicholas, they just make the most beautiful couple!!

    Hugs and Love,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for sharing these pictures; along with the professional ones, these will remain very special.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is what happens when I'm off line for a bit, I totally missed the wedding but I went back and read your post and gawked at the lovely photos of Madison and Nicolas. They are absolutely stunning.
    Congratulations my friend, you now have a new addition to your family and a whole other family as well. These are exciting times!!
    Love those shirts!!
    X0X0
    Saimi

    ReplyDelete
  8. How wonderful that all these pictures are so joyous. I love how all your friends and faith community surrounded you all with love. What a wonderful testament of your family and the newlyweds. I love this!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Every detail is exciting, Billie Jo. I'm so glad you all had such a lovely time. Now you really deserve to rest and do nothing! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awww... great photos!! The t-shirts are so fun and those cakes (plural) look delicious! So nice to have that private Mass the day after the wedding. Extra special. Thanks for sharing these photos!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It all goes by so fast... the photos help you remember all that went on lol! Beautiful bride and groom!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely lovely photos, Billie Jo, now that the wedding is over, you can look at the photos and be taken right back to these special moments, Looking forward to the official photos of the ceremony.

    Relaxing in bed with coffee and movies is my kind of treat, enjoy, you have been so busy!

    We will be going to our nephew's wedding next weekend, and are so excited. My Mom made all their cakes for the dinner and reception! Your raspberry cake looks so beautiful.
    have a restful weekend.
    Blessings,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such wonderful moments captured on camera! Love the picture of all of you with your "title" t-shirts, so cute! And that carrot cake looked soo good, so sweet of your friend to make the cakes. So many wonderful and precious memories, keep the pictures coming, I am enjoying them :) Have a blessed weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a special time for your lovely family! It is so wonderful that your friend who is a priest was able to come as well! Thank you for sharing this special time with all of us. I’m sure they are having such a nice time on their honeymoon. Hug to you dear friend. ~Juli

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh I just adore everything wedding that you share! I say keep it coming ;) Takes me back to special days that seem like forever ago. It looks like it was such a special time for all of your family and friends. The blessed couple look so happy! Absolute precious memories for a lifetime. Great job bride Mama! Lol
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love, love, love!!!! I hope you are enjoying some quiet time this weekend! : )

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh! I have chills! How wonderful it all was!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Weddings are so much fun! Congratulations to Madison and Nicholas!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love this!
    So google is really changing and I'm having the HARDEST time leaving comments for anyone. So frustrating. Know that I'm reading (when I get a chance) and love seeing all things wedding related :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for saying hello!

Billie Jo