May 23, 2018

How To Cut A Pineapple

I used to be intimidated by those big, fresh, whole pineapples in the grocery store. I always opted for the store sliced pineapple in the plastic containers. The problem with those? For one, they were always sticky! And even worse, my store never sliced out the core! Fresh pineapple is worth the work, so eventually I threw one into my cart and gave it a try. If you have never cut fresh pineapple, please try it. You won't regret it, I promise! Choosing one is easy...It smells good, is soft but not mushy, and the green will pull out easily. I usually end up with mine on the counter for a day or two before it is ready. And then, I get started!


Choose a pretty pineapple...


Slice off the top...

Score a square in the soft part...

And slice off the sides.

It will look like this.
Weird, I know.

Slice that into pieces.
(You can see the core in the middle.)

Slice the sides away from the core.
Throw that hard core away!

Then cut the remaining slices into pieces.

Throw the pieces into a bowl and enjoy!
You can refrigerate it up to a week, but it won't last that long!






19 comments:

  1. that's pretty much how I slice one too! so yummy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you seen the pineapple corer that allows you to lift the pineapple up out of its skin perfectly spiral sliced? I've always been a bit skeptical about them and did mine the way you've done yours here. Well, last week our local grocery had fresh pineapple on sale and along with that display hung some of the corers. They weren't that expensive so I picked one up. I finally got brave enough yesterday to give it a try. Oh how easy it was! Hubby got to take some in his lunch today. :) There are a lot of health benefits stored up in pineapples so I think it will be a weekly find in my grocery cart. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I never knew it was this easy! And there is nothing like fresh pineapple! I am going to take the plunge and try it! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just bought a pineapple the other day. I love pienapple, but it doesn't seem to like me...it makes my mouth sore when I eat it, but.....I haven't had it in so long that I had to get one {{smiles}} Thanks for the tips, my friend. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You slice a pineapple just like I do, Billie Jo! We love it in our home and you are so right they don't last a week for sure. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for the tip, smiles. Have a beautiful day, friend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Billie Jo!

    I love fresh pineapple, but have never cut one like that...it's wonderful!! Thanks for the demo!

    Have a wonderful weekend!

    Hugs and Love,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  8. We buy a pineapple almost every week! Scott cuts it up just like this I think, but he is the one with the knife skills. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well, well would you looky there! I've never seen that technique for cutting a pineapple - Thanks for the demo I'll definitely give it a go the next time I cut into one.
    Enjoy the weekend!!
    Saimi

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love cutting up pineapple or melon. There's something very satisfying about such methodical cutting.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fresh pineapple is delicious! Did you know you can plant the top when you cut it off? Down here we can grow another pineapple outside with the tops. I actually have a pineapple 'cutter' that spiral cuts and takes out the core. Easy-peasy. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Last year was the first time I bought a fresh pineapple. You are SO right. They are amazing. Thanks for the tips for cutting. I once saw someone use the top part as a centerpiece for a fruit tray. It looked beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This post is making my mouth water!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Well, now I have to go buy a pineapple!! Hahaha Pictures to come....

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for the tips! I've never cut one up!! That looks so delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I LOVE pineapple - the smell, the taste, and the meaning (symbol)! Yours looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  17. After seeing Annie's bday stuff - you know we do quite a bit of that at our house! Lol ;) Fresh pineapple is the best, isn't it? Hello summer!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for saying hello!

Billie Jo