Tuna Stuffed Peppers
- 1 Pack Chunk Light Tuna in Water (11 oz. )
- 6 peppers, red, green, or yellow
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. oregano
- 1 tsp. parsley
- 1 1/4 cups cooked brown rice
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Cut tops off peppers and clean out each one.
- Cut stem from the top of each one and discard stem.
- Dice remaining pepper from each top.
- Heat olive oil in large skillet over medium heat.
- Stir in onions, garlic, and diced pepper.
- Cook until onions and peppers are soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add oregano, parsley, salt and pepper, tuna and rice.
- Mix to blend well.
- Stuff peppers.
- Place in greased 8x8 square baking dish.
- Bake in preheated oven (350 degrees) for 15 or 20 minutes.
- Top with cheese and bake an additional 5 to 10 minutes more to melt the cheese.
Stirring some veggies in olive oil...
Adding everything else!
Stuffing these pretty things...
Adding the best part yet...Cheese!
And back in they go...
Until they look like this!!!!
We served them with garlic toast and applesauce.
Also, cook peppers as long as you want to desired tenderness.
Hope you like them!