March 27, 2017

A Touch Of Easter

Heavy snow hung on the tree branches last weekend, yet the inside of our home was cozy and bright and filled with Easter fun. Gone are the shamrocks and leprechauns. In their place...bunnies and flowers and sweet scented candles. Surely, spring is almost here. : )





I've had these cute little bunnies for years...

And we have only lost one egg to an accidental casualty. : )

This candle smells sooo good.



This one is possibly our favorite of all the Easter scents...
Jelly Beans!




This one smells exactly like you think it does.
Sooo good!!

My favorite Easter decorations...
These bunnies were my mom's.
She put them in her picture window every single year.
My dad picked them out.
And I adore them.

Easter touches on the holiday tree...

a mix of primitive and vintage...

and carrots of course.








This beautiful egg came all the way from Denmark. : )

Our favorite movies all ready for  movie night...
And also...coloring books with the kids' names in them from 2004!!!


Baskets waiting to be filled.
One is missing this year.
My Madison is in Denmark this year for Easter.
This is the first time in 20 years that the Easter bunny will not be filling her basket.
Yes. I cried when I pulled the others out and put her's back in.
So now...three children and two little pups will search for baskets on Easter morning!



We love all the bunnies and candy and fun...
But this is what Easter is all about.

Happy Easter time, my friends!!















18 comments:

  1. I love all of your decorations! And you seem to have a candle for every Easter candy! I can only imagine how sad you are about Madison not being with you this Easter. I am already starting to miss Peter and he has 4 and 1/2 more years until he leaves for college and Sarah goes the year after him. Crazy how a mother's heart works, huh??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you transform your home for the season Billie Jo! Everything looks so "Springy" and bright and pastel and pretty. ;) I can smell those candles from here!

    I can only imagine how hard it is to watch one bird truly flown from the nest and adjust to new chapters in life. I know my time is right around the corner as my Aaron is almost 17! Hugs Mama Bird.
    **And you're so right are about the true reason for this season. Amen. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your home looks super festive! All of my decor is still sitting in the tubs. I pulled them out... that counts, right?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. My mom still sends me an Easter basket every year, so know that that is an option! I love that she can show her love for me (and my kids too) that way. I love your Easter decorations. That first carrot pillow just makes me smile in all the best ways!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful Easter things. Easter is my favorite day of the year.

    Wow, you still have snow. I keep thinking we will get a winter at all, but it pretty much passed us by this year. I hate when that happens because I do enjoy a Southern winter, mild but cold enough to wear heavy clothes and get out of the heat for a few months. Oh well ... I don't think I am going to get my winter.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What fun Easter things you have, Billie Jo. I love Easter. It was the one time of year when we were kids that we got a brand new outfit.
    I remember how hard it was when we started subtracting baskets (instead of adding one more) but we have been blessed with Grandchildren and now I get to do it all over again. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  7. Billie Jo your Easter decor is lovely. How fun it is to see all of your family activities. It's really hard when our children grow up and leave the nest. You are a sweet mother and it means you have done your job allowing your child to become independent. Still, it's hard. I know this all too well. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. Billie Jo, so sweet! I especially love your Easter tree decorations. Now does the Easter Chocolate Rabbit candle smell like chocolate? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I could linger forever on this post. The ones of your house make me so happy! That book, I've got to add that to my collection, The Story of the Easter Bunny. I love seeing how you decorate your new hutch every season. You mantle looks so bright and cheerful, all happy like! Beautiful my friend! And Madison, sorry. You'll see her soon. If I had the right words I'd say them.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You warm looks very warm and inviting, Billie Jo! And it just screams Spring!
    Jesus is the reason for the season! Love it all!

    Enjoy your week my friend!
    Hugs, Amy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That should have read your home looks warm and inviting...these phones, I tell ya! ;)

      Delete
  11. Love your Easter decorations -- so perfect and sweet -- just like you! Pass the Hershey kisses please! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my friend, I LOVE the last photo! wherever did you find that? it's the most perfect Easter decoration (reminder) I have ever seen! your home looks so cozy, and you really changed things up. I don't think I've ever seen your couch at this spot. I hope you are not to sore from re arranging, I Love to re-arrange! good thing I now have a hubby and teenage boy to do it for me lol Hope you are having a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
  13. A jelly bean candle?! And that is the most beautiful egg from Denmark, though it is certainly no consolation for your first Easter without your beautiful girl! What a hard time for your heart. Sending love and prayers that the joy of the resurrection will touch you all in a special way this year.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love how you decorate your home! So whimsical and festive! Hugs. Juli

    ReplyDelete
  15. Easter has arrived! Looks so lovely and I bet it smells even better!!! ♥♥♥ Those candles....ahhhh!
    I have an Anna Lee angel that my mom gave me years ago. I treasure it! And that egg from Denmark is simply beautiful! Happy Spring! xo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for saying hello!

Billie Jo