Pumpkin Stuffed Shells
- 1 box pasta shells, cooked, drained, and rinsed in cold water
- 1 can ( 15 oz. ) canned pumpkin
- 2 cups ricotta cheese and yes, use the whole milk ricotta : )
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese...and more to sprinkle on top
- 1 egg
- 3 garlic cloves, minced or the garlic powder equivalent if you forgot to buy them like I did...
- Dash of salt and pepper
- 1 large jar of pasta sauce...I like Tomato Basil...
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook shells according to directions...and then drain and rinse.
- Spray 13x9 baking dish with Pam and pour some sauce on bottom.
- Mix pumpkin, cheeses, egg, garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Stuff each shell with pumpkin mixture and place in baking dish.
- Cover with remaining sauce.
- Cover with foil, and bake for 30 minutes.
- Uncover, sprinkle with more Parmesan cheese, and bake for 10 more minutes.
Peyton made the best Autumn cake for dessert. And even better, it was from a box! I found it at Walmart, and it was delicious. She did make her homemade Buttercream Icing, though. Because. Canned icing. Enough said.