And Madison came home from work with the perfect recipe to use them in. You will want to give this one a try. Promise.
Summer Berry Strudel
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 Tbl. sugar
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 5 Tbl. Crisco
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 3 cups berries ( I used blue and blackberries)
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 Tbl. butter
- Powdered sugar and water
- Mix by hand flour, baking powder, 1Tbl. sugar, salt, Crisco, milk, and egg.
- Spread out on sheet pan.
- Mix berries with 1 cup sugar.
- Put filling on top of batter.
- Dot with butter.
- Fold like a calzone. Pinch edges.
- Bake 25 minutes at 425 Degrees.
- Stir powdered sugar and water together.
- Drizzle over top.
- Slice and enjoy!