The real winners, however, are you!
You get to read ten totally random things about little ole me that you would otherwise have no
interest in way of knowing...
So... grab a cup of coffee, tea, or whatever strong beverage you may find necessary to get through the rest of this post and have a seat...because here we go. : )
1. I can cook any type of pasta perfectly. Every time. Years and years of practice.
2. When I was in high school, I was voted Prom Queen.
Wish I had a do over for the hair and make up. ; )
3. I have never, ever broken a bone. Could have something to do with the fact that I avoid all physical activity like the plague. I mean, is it possible to break your wrist sipping a cup of coffee, because then I may have a problem...
4. I hate birds. As in Hate. I get the creeps from them. And my mother almost got me a set of Love Birds for my wedding gift... What?
5. In high school, I was a majorette. Like a baton twirler. I loved it. And...I can still do it! I still have my baton and can still do the routines. The kids love to watch me twirl it through my fingers.
Don't be fooled by the dark hair...that be me.
6. I took six years of German in high school, and traveled to Germany as well. I loved it. : )
7. My parents were invited to the White House by President Reagan. They said he was amazing.
8. I have never pumped gas or mowed grass. Ever. Guess that goes along with my being born at the wrong time. I aspire to be a 50's housewife, you know.
See...that looks just like my chocolate cake. ; )
9. I am certified to teach early childhood and elementary education, but I majored in English Literature in college. My fave? The Canterbury Tales by Geoffrey Chaucer. I took it Independent Study in college from a little itty bitty nun who wore a blue crocheted cardigan and way too big shoes. I loved Thursday afternoons in her office discussing our readings.
10. I was married during a Catholic ceremony in an Episcopalian Church. Our church was being renovated and we had nowhere to hold the wedding. The pastor offered his church to us and that was that. It was beautiful. I would have married Steve in a closet, I tell ya...but the church was a nice touch. : )
Ok...there you go. And I nominate my sweeties...
Here Are The Rules In Case You Want to Play along Ladies
Use the award logo in your post.
Link to whoever nominated you.
Write 10 pieces of information about yourself.
Nominate Fellow bloggers who "positively and creatively inspire others in the blogosphere."
Happy Monday Evening Everyone! : )