January 18, 2014

Madison's Dream Coffee Cake

My Madison created this yummy coffee cake a few years ago by combining a couple different recipes. It is sooo quick and sooo good. Even my picky eater Rhett ate one...or two...pieces. It is perfect for lazy Sunday mornings and is even better  the second day. Enjoy!


Madison's Dream Coffee Cake
Ingredients:
  1. 1(18 oz.)box yellow cake mix
  2. 1 cup vegetable oil
  3. 4...yes 4...eggs
  4. 1 cup sour cream
  5. 3/4 cup sugar
  6. 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
  7. 1/4 cup flour
  8. 1/2 stick butter
  9. Fresh or frozen blueberries
Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  2. Grease a 13x9 inch pan.
  3. Combine cake mix, oil, eggs, and sour cream.
  4. Beat two minutes at low speed.
  5. Mix sugar, cinnamon, and flour in a small bowl.
  6. Cut butter into small pieces, and add to sugar mixture.
  7. Spread half cake batter into pan.
  8. Sprinkle half sugar mixture over top.
  9. Sprinkle blueberries over sugar.
  10. Repeat with remaining batter and sugar mixture.
  11. Bake at 350 degrees for about 40 minutes.
  12. Enjoy!


12 comments:

  1. Yum! I think she needs to be a chef / go to culinary school. Smiles & blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am enjoying my morning coffee and a piece of this would be so good. Maybe this summer when our blackberries ripen, I could substitute them for the blueberries. Either would be delicious. Have a great day. Thanks to you and Madison!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks delicious and I love something along these lines with my morning coffee...yum....I love it when someone can create a dish on their own. I cant do that and dont even do a good job of following an established recipe! lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmmmm…. This looks and sounds delicious! Perfect for a quiet and cozy weekend morning. Can't wait to give it a try! Love and blessings, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wouldn't it be fun to have our girls baking together in the kitchen while we sit and have coffee and chat?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like a great breakfast cake! (muffin Monday?)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds and looks delicious! Will definitely have to try this sometime :) Thanks for sharing Madison's recipe. Hugs to you, Billie Jo!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Billie Jo, that looks so delicious! I think I'd like to make it later in the week. My daughter will be visiting! Thank you for sharing it with us!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yum!!! This looks awesome!!! Love that Madison came up with it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Billie Jo!!! What a fun treat to greet your readers! (You kind of lost me at the blueberries, but I'd just leave that out...) I love a good breakfast/coffee cake. Yum! Especially on these cold mornings.

    Tell Madison she is a big hit on the internet :)
    And thank you for visiting me in my new blog home. So happy to be back!
    Ceil

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for saying hello!

Billie Jo