October 8, 2013

Pumpkin French Toast

Two of my very favorites...together for my very favorite time of year. This is an easy and delicious recipe that comes quickly and smells heavenly all at the same time. I found a similar recipe floating around Pinterest and decided to give it a try.  Enjoy!

Pumpkin French Toast
Ingredients:
  1. 3 large eggs
  2. 1/2 cup milk
  3. 3/4 cup canned pumpkin
  4. 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
  5. 10 pieces white bread...I like the thicker sliced
Directions:
  1. Combine all ingredients except bread in a shallow dish.
  2. Spray griddle with Pam and allow to heat to medium high.
  3. Dip each piece of bread in egg mixture and cook until bottom is golden brown.
  4. Flip and cook until other side is too.
  5. Spray Pam in-between batches to prevent sticking.
  6. Serve with butter, syrup, whipped cream, even mini chocolate chips!


Note: I double this for our family of six. : )

13 comments:

  1. Yummy! My son & I love pumpkin--hubby is so so. I will have to try this, thanks for sharing. Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  2. Between this scrumptious looking French toast and Haunani's crock pot hot chocolate recipe....you two are killin' me this morning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry Patty...I'll try to time my decadent posts so they don't coincide with Billie Jo's. :)

      Delete
  3. I can almost smell it! Can I just say I have a real pet peeve when recipes don't use the WHOLE can of something? I just increase all the other ingredients more so I can use the whole darn thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! And any time pumpkin is involved, I'm always inclined to use more!

      Delete
  4. Yummy~ Thanks for a weekend recipe!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yum! I think this might have to appear on Sunday for breakfast. Sounds unbelievable. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What!??! This looks amazing. Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can not wait to make this weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Now I'm super hungry for some breakfast! This sounds so delish, thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That sounds so incredibly fantastic! Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This has been a yucky week. A stay at home mom who agreed to do three photo shoots. I quit I tell you! Give me dishes and laundry any day... I like... no NEED to be home! And I've missed my hours in the kitchen so this is perfect timing... breakfast for tomorrow morning!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mmmmmmm.....we've been making lots of pumpkin stuff, pumpkin muffins, pumpkin bread, pumpkin waffles....so fun in the fall. I wish the smell lasted for days though and not just the day baking!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for saying hello!

Billie Jo