Monday, July 8, 2013

Crock Pot Swiss Steak

So you all know how much I love my crock pot. In the winter it is perfect for hearty soups and meals. But I pull that old friend out in the summer too. Sometimes it is nice to put dinner in during the early morning, and let it cook while we play all day. I have many lighter, easier crock pot meals just perfect for warmer weather. This is one of them. I found it in a Kraft magazine, and it has become a favorite around here. I hope you give it a try sometime too. Enjoy!


                       Crock Pot Swiss Steak


Ingredients: 2 lb. boneless beef chuck roast,
                      cut into bite size pieces
                      1/4 cup A.1. Steak Sauce
                      1 sliced onion
                      1 14.5 oz. can diced tomatoes,
                      undrained
                      2 Tbsp.. flour
                      1/4 cup water


Directions:  Toss beef into crockpot, sprayed with Pam.
                    Add Steak Sauce.
                    Top with sliced onion and tomatoes.
                     Cover.
                     Cook on low 9 to 10 hours,
                     or on High 4 to 5.
                     Mix flour with water.
                     Add to meat mixture and
                     cook 5 minutes longer.


6 comments:

  1. Mmm, it looks like a really easy beef stroganoff (minus the sour cream?) Thanks for this recipe!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you on the crock pot being a friend in the summer time, too! Thanks for the new recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Guess what! I LOVE my crock pot, too! I just used mine on Sunday. Love coming home from all day at church and having dinner waiting. Thanks for the recipe. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks great to me--but hubby won't eat anything with tomatoes in it...drives me crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always want to use my crockpot more - this looks like a winner. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh that looks so yummy!!
    whenever my mom made swiss steak when we were little it was always a fav!:)
    thanks for sharing this.
    have a happy day billie jo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for saying hello!

I will answer any questions you may have through email, so if you would rather not do it that way, please let me know. I'll answer here. Just remember to check back for a reply!

Billie Jo