Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Double Chocolate Chip Muffins

This recipe is a favorite of ours. I have had it for so long, I don't even remember where I found it. In any case, these muffins come together quickly and taste delicious! The recipe makes 2 dozen which is a good thing around here! I like to make them in the evening, then set them out along with some fresh fruit for school morning breakfasts. Enjoy!

                    Double Chocolate Chip Muffins

Ingredients: 1 box chocolate fudge cake mix
                       1/2 cup oil
                       1 small box chocolate instant pudding
                       1/2 tsp vanilla
                       3/4 cup water
                       4 eggs, beaten
                       6 oz. mini chocolate chips, frozen
Directions:    Blend cake mix, oil, pudding mix,
                       vanilla, water,
                       and eggs until smooth.                           
                       Fold in chocolate chips.
                       Fill muffin cups 3/4 full.
                       ( I use Reynolds baked for you   
                       StayBrite baking cups...
                       they are the best! )
                       Bake at 350 degrees for
                       25 to 35 minutes.
                       Cool. Sprinkle with powdered
                       sugar before serving.
                       Makes 2 dozen. 


11 comments:

  1. Did someone say DOUBLE chocolate? I'm there! Will have to give these a try. YUMMY.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you had me at double chocolate chip!! They look delish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those sound and look delicious! I'm gonna whip some up over the weekend. Question...is there a reason why you use frozen chocolate chips?

    Happy Tuesday!

    Val

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum, yum, and yum! Sounds like a delicious Valentine's treat! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. They look de-lish! Thanks for sharing the recipe. You mentioned what muffin cups you use. Does it make a difference? Is it because less of the muffin sticks? I always thought it was my cooking things too long/not enough, etc. Maybe I just need to change the cups I use.

    ReplyDelete
  6. No no no no no...you and Sarah are killing me with your yummy baking!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh man... those look amazing! A must try! Hope all is well with you Billie Jo! I love stopping by! Wish I was there in person when those muffins came out of the oven!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Double chocolate chip....yum!! I love all of your wonderful recipes. I am looking forward to making your fruit pie for Valentine's Day.These look wonderful! You said frozen chocolate chips..do you use frozen because they will not melt when cooked!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Did I say you are making me hungry yet??? You are making me hungry!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. how on earth did i miss these?!?!:)
    double chocolate has my name written all over it!
    printing them now for love day breakfast!!!
    the girls are gonna love you.:)
    have a happy day billie jo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for saying hello!

I will answer any questions you may have through email, so if you would rather not do it that way, please let me know. I'll answer here. Just remember to check back for a reply!

Billie Jo