Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Cherry-Berry Pie

This is one of our favorite desserts ever. I have had this recipe so long, I can't remember where I got it. It may have been in a magazine... or possibly on the Pillsbury pie crust box...We usually have it for Christmas, but it is also perfect for Valentine's Day too. Enjoy!




                      Cherry-Berry Pie

Ingredients:   1 pie crust, prepared
                       2 cups fresh or frozen raspberries
                       1/2 cup sugar
                       1 tablespoon flour
                       1 can cherry pie filling


Directions:      Heat oven to 400 degrees.
                        Prepare crust.
                        Place in 9 inch pie pan.
                        In a large bowl, combine remaining
                        ingredients. Spoon into pan.
                        Top with top crust. Seal edges
                        and cut small slits.
                        Sprinkle with sugar.
                        Bake 40 to 45 minutes.

I use Pillsbury crusts. Always have...always will. They are delicious, I swear!
I use frozen raspberries, and do not thaw them.

 

P.S. Ok...My husband just informed me that today, January 23, is National Pie day! How weird is that that I posted this today? 

7 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful pie! Thanks for sharing your recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful looking pie and it looks so yummy! Thanks for sharing yet another yummy recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That pie looks amazing and sounds delicious! I love berries! I use Pillsbury crust too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok, confession here: I've never made a pie. Really. But I may have to try this. I think I can do it. Thanks for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Billie Jo... I LOVE cherry pie! I'm for sure going to make this! Thanks for sharing. Happy Wednesday, tara
    PS... love the frig pictures. I'm like you. I love my frig "just so" and am always rearranging it when everyone else in the family just puts things back in the "wrong spots" oh horror! :) I even have used my label maker "leftoevers shelf" "cheeses and meats" "healthy snacks" Gotta have an organized frig! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks very yummy! I tried making a pie made with cranberries and canned cherries, that wasn't very good, but this sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yum! Cherry pie is my favorite!! This sounds wonderful because it may be a bit tart from the berries. I may have to make this pie over the weekend for our Sunday night dessert.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for saying hello!

I will answer any questions you may have through email, so if you would rather not do it that way, please let me know. I'll answer here. Just remember to check back for a reply!

Billie Jo