Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Vegetable Beef Soup

This soup is one of our favorites, especially on rainy fall evenings. I know there are many variations of this out there, and I can't quite remember exactly where I found this one. I think it was in a Gooseberry Patch autumn cookbook, as most of my fall recipes are! In any case, it is an easy and comfy soup for a chilly, rainy night. We always have biscuits and fresh fruit with it too. Enjoy!


                    Vegetable Beef Soup

Ingredients:  1 lb. ground beef
                      1 1/2 cups water
                      14 1/2 oz. can diced tomatoes
                      2 14 1/2 oz. cans beef broth
                      10 oz. pkg. frozen mixed vegetables
                      1Tablespoon minced onion
                      1 cup elbow macaroni
Directions:     Brown the meat and drain. Place
                       all ingredients except macaroni
                       in a slow cooker. Cover
                       and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours.
                       Stir in uncooked macaroni a half hour
                       before serving.
                       Top with shredded Parmesan cheese.


5 comments:

  1. This looks wonderful! I am always looking for new soup recipes.
    Have a wonderful Wednesday Billie Jo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Except for the macaroni (which I need to try), this sounds so similar to my recipe. I don't have mine written down and I think I may change it (due to memory loss) every time I make it! LOL ENjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks so yummy. I am always looking for new crock pot recipes to use on the days when I am not home until late. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I have that cookbook... but never tried this one... I'll have to. Love everything slowcooker for sure! Have a happy night friend, tara PS and enjoy that soup... looks so good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds great! We have some chilly, fall days ahead. I think I'll put this on our menu soon!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for saying hello!

I will answer any questions you may have through email, so if you would rather not do it that way, please let me know. I'll answer here. Just remember to check back for a reply!

Billie Jo