September 4, 2026

Back To Homeschool 2026!

We began our new school year here this week, and my one and only student is now officially a junior. I can't explain how much she and I enjoy this journey together, and how amazing it is to watch someone I once taught letters and sounds at on a little white table, surrounded by apples and pumpkins, begin to study American Literature with me. I could lament how quickly those years in between passed, and believe me, I feel it, but I choose to embrace this exciting season we are in now because I know from experience that this will also be a time I will look back on wistfully someday.

This year Flynn's classes are Geometry, American History, Literature, Anatomy and Physiology, and an elective of General Psychology. Next semester, she plans to study Forensic Science. I guess all those Forensic Files episodes she grew up on made an impact! 



We did a little schoolroom makeover this summer. We have a dear family friend who is so talented in all things crafty, carpentry, and design. He helped us pick out a theme, hung the wallpaper and window treatments, and now it is cozier and a lot more fun!






Ever since the kids were little, we celebrated the beginning of a new school year with a back-to-school dinner. This year, FLynn chose homemade pizza and macaroni and cheese!





And Madison made her a chocolate chip pecan pie for dessert! It was delicious!


And here is my happy, fun, studious, intelligent, and sweet eleventh-grade student!



If you are a long-time reader, you may remember her looking like this...









And just to give you a smile on this beautiful Friday...





Sad. But true! 
Have a wonderful Labor Day Weekend, my friends!

Billie Jo

11 comments:

  1. She is certainly growing up so fast! I hope y’all have a wonderful new school year! I love the new homeschool room. That’s perfectly cozy! I love wallpaper. It certainly transforms a room!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are going to make me cry, Billie Jo! Gosh Flynn has grown into being such a lovely person, hasn't she? smiles--wishing you a lovely day my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMGOSH- I remember her as a 'little'...look how big that cute little girl is now...so precious and sweet! Love your homeschool room. What a great transformation. It will be fun to start in a brand new space. Have a wonderful Labor Day weekend. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  4. All of your graphics and the photos of Flynn's first day through the years -- all make for a delightful post. One of my DILs has homeschooled all 9 of her children, so all you've said here lands well with this Grammy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love those memes! I homeschool as well and they really made me laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's interesting about your home schooling. Very nice school room. Such sweet photos of her. Those are nice memes. Hope the school year goes well and enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ha! I do sometimes miss when my kids were little and so excited about the new school year. It went by in a flash, though and before you knew it, it was summer again. The days are long but the years are definitely short.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You make school so much FUN!!!! The wallpaper is gorgeous, so elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  9. THe new class room is wonderful! Have a great school year, Flynn.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The wallpaper is perfectly Poe! I hope you have the best homeschool year!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy new school year!!! Just look at your gorgeous girl. X

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for saying hello!

Billie Jo