The mornings are becoming a bit cooler, and my recent breakfast of choice demonstrates that. As if on cue, organic oatmeal with chopped apples, ground cinnamon, and a quick splash of cream sounds and tastes perfect to me. Every morning under a comfy throw blanket, of course.
The upcoming homeschool year means more structure to our days. I am returning to my daily lunch menu, and this salad is on the top of the list. It is just fresh lettuce, hard-boiled eggs, chopped cucumber, shredded cheese, and bacon bits. I didn't have any cooked bacon on hand, and cooking it sounded like too much effort on this day.

Not to worry, though. I have not gone completely to the other side. I balance all healthier eating with the reality of enjoying life. And pizza is a major component of that for me.

Your salad looks so good!! Not to mention the pizzas...where did they come from?
ReplyDeleteYum! I may be over to eat with you.
ReplyDeleteToday I had lunch with some high school friends. I had chicken salad with a bran muffin. So good!
Your salad looks yum. I love pizza. My days have been very random as of late but I love a good turkey sandwich. Like a good one. Not a puny one. : )
ReplyDeleteWe had wraps for lunch today! Ham, cheese,lettuce and ranch wrapped in a tortilla. And organic strawberries for dessert. ❤️
ReplyDeleteA slice of pizza is a delicious treat! Your other meals look wonderful too. For lunch I had a salmon cake, mashed sweet potatoes, sautéed mushrooms and a salad to add a little color to my orange-ish meal. I enjoyed this combination very much. Blessings to you and your sweet family.
ReplyDeleteOur big meal of the day is often a heat-and-eat entree from the grocery store (when Hubby isn't making something from scratch). Cereal for breakfast; sandwiches for supper. Not real inspiring, but it fits our lifestyle pretty well. YOUR food always looks fantastic.
ReplyDeleteThis is beer weather for me - I crave a nice cold one after yard work! But I also enjoyed a crisp taco salad today with Fritos. So good!
ReplyDeleteWe got pizza the other night from Custer City. It was delicious.Otherwise we've been having sandwiches for lunch an different things for dinner. Last night was steak, cantaloup broccoli.
ReplyDeleteBlessings and hugs,
Betsy
That salad looks yummy! Besides leftovers, my current lunch fave is half a sandwich with ham, turkey, half a silce of swiss cheese and lettuce.
ReplyDeleteBoth of these looks very yummy!! Healthy too!! I am ashamed to say that we have eaten out so many times these past couple of weeks. I made tuna today with raisins and walnuts, along with purple onions and a dollop of cool whip. I know this probably sounds weird, but in one of the books that sam got from the hospital ....this recipe was in there and it said that a dollop of light cool whip to replace the mayo is much healthier for the liver. Like you Billie Jo, I need some new recipes... hugs..
ReplyDeleteYoru salad sounds good! I'm not an oatmeal lover. My breakfast is usually a boiled egg and a fruit-on-the-bottom yogurt (Publix brand). If I want something more, I'll pop in a piece of bread for toast. I don't usually eat lunch and will have an early supper (I call it lupper). If I go out for lunch, then it's just a quick snack of something around 6:00. I try not to eat after 7:00. Not very exciting, I'm afraid!! xo
ReplyDeleteMenu sounds wonderful!! :)
ReplyDeleteI'm enjoying produce from the garden. Mostly beans at the moment. They're coming in too fast to eat them all, so I'm getting myself in the mindset of canning the surplus. Canning beans isn't exactly hard, but I'm having to overcome some inertia to start. 😉
ReplyDeleteYour meals look yummy! I haven't had much of an appetite for anything lately but I've been making myself eat eggs and veggies for breakfast... but since I've been eating around 10 or 11 I've been skipping lunch. If I'm hungry enough I'll have a late snack of fruit/yogurt/granola or nuts and an apple then whatever I promised to make for dinner. Tonight though it's going to be a fend for yourself because I am just so tired.
ReplyDeleteEverything looks and sounds yummy! And for how much I love summer - you know Fall is a favorite...and one of the best things about it is getting back to cooler weather and routines. Although cold overnight oats still have a hold on me. (I shared a recipe today actually). We have still been enjoying veggies and herbs from the garden and loving that! But I have found myself looking through some Fall cookbooks and social media for some new meal inspiration. I'm going to try to do at least one new thing weekly if I'm able. 😋
ReplyDeleteI actually had to change my diet this week. I wasn't eating right for my body. I've added more protein and fresh veggies....less carbs. I tend to live on cereal when I don't want to cook or don't have an appetite. Save me some pizza though....it has protein! heehee! Hugs!
ReplyDeleteI also had hot porridge for breakfast the other day, as I had run out of yoghurt. I must admit, it made a pleasant change. X
ReplyDelete