August 14, 2026

Friday

Here we are, my friends, halfway through August. Summer is still in charge, and she is happy to remind us daily. Autumn is on her way, however, dancing up the path, with colorful leaves swirling around her as she does. Soon, lazy summer days will give way to structure and schedule. The heat and humidity will eventually give way to cooler air that smells of cinnamon and crunchy leaves. And I am here for it.

In the meantime, we enjoy all the ordinary things, because no matter the season, ordinary is best. We are ordering greasy cheese pizza late at night.


We are sitting on the porch while Mocha keeps an eye on the neighborhood.


We are going to Madison and Nicolas' house for dinner on warm summer evenings.



And we are just being cozy.


Have a nice, ordinary weekend, my friends. 
Thanks for visiting!





Billie Jo

22 comments:

  1. I love the one about not sweating anymore! I was just telling my daughter to quit bringing on Fall because I'm not ready and she said something similar - she's sick of sweating! :)
    Cozy is such a good word, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wishing you a great weekend Billie Jo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hurrah for Fall!! No more sweat or bugs. I am already almost done with fall decorating! In my mind it is fall already, and I know it is for you, too! I want to see your fall decor! Madison's food looks so good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm an autumn is Angust gal. leaves here are turning and my heart is happy. loved your intro. Well-written and full of spirit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. As always, your writing simply delights me. You have a wonderful way with words and phrases. I'm so glad you write a blog so your thoughts can enlighten me. And yes, oh yes, "... to not sweat any more." I'm with you on that, for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Billie Jo! I love autumn too! I think it's my favorite time of year - probably because I was born in the autumn. I'm glad you are enjoying summer, but rushing the season just a bit. Have a good weekend! See you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Autumn too, but I am afraid, here in central Florida, we just don't get that sort of weather. Wishing you a beautiful evening my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Autumn is my very favorite season but I try to hold onto summer as long as I can here in WI because soon enough we will have at least months (maybe more) of extremely cold weather. I don't like snow or ice so winter living is a challenge for me...a good time to keep the fireplace going and something simmering on the stove.
    I hope you have a wonderful, ordinary weekend---my favorite kind! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  9. I heard a rumor there was such a thing as Fall, but someone forgot to tell Central Texas...100 degrees today so it will be awhile before we cool off! I can dream, though.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my, it's still Summer here too. HOT days and NOT COOL nights. But... Autumn days are ahead and I will look forward to those days. Enjoy your day dear friend and time with family and of course Mocha! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the picture of Mocha. I am so ready for fall!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm so with you on the not sweating. I'm tired of heat and humidity and really looking forward to the mountains of the Black Hills next week. Your writing is so beautiful and paints the most wonderful word pictures. I love the cozy and ordinary.
    Blessings and hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ordinary weekends are always the best!! Cheers!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ready for Fall!!! Hot here...100;s.
    Have a great week!
    hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like the temperatures in fall, but I like the slow life summer bring.

    ReplyDelete
  16. So hard to believe that August is half way done. We have some big things coming up in the Fall and I'm. not sure that I'm ready yet...I'm ready for the events but I'm not as prepared as I need to be. Y'all have a Happy Sunday filled with so many extra blessings..

    ReplyDelete
  17. Billie Jo, your days and evenings sound so inviting. I love the memes! Just turning the corner from August to September will feel much better, even if the temps don't immediately drop. There's just the suggestion of a Fall month that makes you feel better. I hope you're doing well. Take care. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I always thought fall started in September but the weather this year here in my parts definitely has me thinking of fall. Your ordinary weekend sounds lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the sweet photos and your ordinary days. They are often the best! And you know I'm here for Fall whenever she fully arrives. 🎃💛

    ReplyDelete
  20. Greasy pizza is just the best sometimes. I love that picture of Mocha looking out the window. And you always find the most delightful quotes. It's getting cooler in the morning here, and I can just feel fall coming our way soon. Have a blessed week, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm missing your posts, are you O.K.?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for saying hello!

Billie Jo