October 2, 2026

Friday Photos

Hello! Happy Friday in October, my friends! What started out as a cloudy, drizzly week, which I absolutely loved, ended with a couple of days of sun and warmth that allowed me some pool time, so I can't complain about it! Tomorrow, the clouds and rain return, so I will finally decorate for Halloween. I meant to do this week, but somehow, even though I am far less busy now than I was years ago, I seem to get less done in a day. Once Flynn and I finish homeschooling, I am ready for some couch time! 

This past week, Steve traveled back to Pennsylvania to finish up some things that I am thankful he does, because I have no idea what they even are, and he stayed with Peyton and Chris. They always have the best time! 

Peyton makes him the best meals, and her pups love Steve so much! This time, they went to camp so Steve could check a few things, and as always, they had fun! These pictures of Peyton are a true reflection of her soul. She is the happiest, sweetest person and loves to care for others. I am so thankful God brought her and Christopher together. In church, by the way!

While Steve was away, Madison had Flynn and me for dinner, and she made one of our very favorites: tuna and noodles. This is not a picture of my plate, obviously, because anyone who knows me knows that I eat all my food separately! That is actually a running joke in our house. My kids always say, "Mom likes her hot dogs and hamburgers plain, and none of her food mixed together! "

Madison also made her very first loaves of homemade bread! It was delicious. She is not only an amazing cook but also quite fashionable!


My Rhett is busy working, and I am so proud of him. He manages a super popular restaurant and bar here, and works so hard during the busy season. He has so many nice friends and spends a lot of time at the gym too. But he always makes sure to spend time with us, too. This week we all went to the movies together. Finishing up this week with this picture Flynn took during homeschool. That would be me in my housedress and fuzzy socks, with Mocha on my lap, because where else would she be?? I was either helping Flynn with Geometry proofs, Anatomy labs, American History dates, or Psychology terms. I love teaching and learning, and am blessed to have been able to do it all these years.


Have a wonderful weekend, my friends. We only have five October weekends, so enjoy each one in whatever way makes you happy. Here, we are decorating for Halloween, attending Mass, and probably going to dinner. I will change the bedsheets and make a meal plan and a grocery list, too. It is the simple, ordinary things that bring me joy. I mean, how wonderful is it to snuggle into bed on a rainy October night with fresh, clean sheets, knowing you will wake to hot coffee with pumpkin spice creamer and light a spooky candle? 




Billie Jo

9 comments:

  1. Love all the pics of your sweet family. You and Steve were good parents and it shows!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is nothing simple about the ordinary. It is in the ordinary we find out who we really are. Thank you for your strong example of love in my life. Your family brings me such joy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Billie Jo....you have such a wonderful family... Always there for one another whether it's having fun, cooking for each other or hanging out.. This is great. reminds me of my own family. My son-in-law left yesterday for Pennsylvania..Business work...even though it did take him all day to get there from all the flight delays. Hope you all have a beautiful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an artistic and adorable photo of you and Mocha! I await your decorations! Your family is so beautiful, both inside and out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful days with family, food, and snuggles!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have a wonderful weekend my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice to see pictures of your lovely family. :). Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I keep saying this, you make me smile, Billie Jo. Wishing you a beautiful Friday evening.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is lovely to see the photographs of your family looking so well and happy. You must be so proud of them all.
    Happy October, Billie Jo! Your season has arrived. Xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for saying hello!

Billie Jo