August 12, 2026

Random Wondering On A Wednesday


I was just wondering...

  1. Do you wash a brand new mattress pad before you use it?
  2. How often do you vacuum your bedroom?
  3. What is the one show you are watching now you won't miss?
  4. Do you eat popcorn at the movies?
  5. What do you eat for dinner on nights you just can't or don't want to cook?
  6. When do you put on your pajamas?
  7. How often do you wear makeup?
  8. What was your favorite school lunch?

Just curious!

Happy Wednesday, my friends!

My answers:

  1. I don't like washing new mattress pads. But then I think about it, and I do.
  2. I vacuum our bedroom once a week. I should do it more because...wool rug!
  3. Right now, we will not miss an episode of Big Brother!
  4. I do eat popcorn at the theatre. And I get a fountain drink too. I think there's a rule.
  5. If we don't cook, I will eat a bowl of cereal, pierogies, or Kraft macaroni and cheese!
  6. In the fall and winter, I put my pajamas on around 4 PM. In the summer? Right before bed.
  7. I rarely wear more than sunscreen, powder, and mascara anymore. It is wonderful!
  8. My favorite school lunch was peanut butter sandwiches and chicken soup. That generic peanut butter in those huge tubs on the soft square generic bread was the BEST!
It's the little things.

Billie Jo


18 comments:

  1. Fun questions!
    1) Yes, I do wash the mattress pad, although it seems kind of crazy to me.
    2) I vacuum our bedroom weekly.
    3) I like to keep up with America's Got Talent.
    4) we hardly ever go to the movies, haven't done it in several years. :)
    5) In desperate time, we make grilled cheese.
    6) I'm kind of like you - PJ's on when it gets dark!
    7) I do put on makeup when I'm going somewhere but not if I'm staying home. I agree - it's nice!
    8) My school didn't have lunches, but once a month the moms would make us sloppy joes and we loved that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you wash a brand new mattress pad before you use it? No, I do not.
    How often do you vacuum your bedroom? About twice a month-now I feel icky.
    What is the one show you are watching now you won't miss? Nothing in particular-we DVR most shows and try to catch up on them as our mood strikes.
    Do you eat popcorn at the movies? Sometimes, love it but so expensive!!!
    What do you eat for dinner on nights you just can't or don't want to cook? Funny enough we make popcorn.
    When do you put on your pajamas? Right before I go to bed.
    How often do you wear makeup? Every day, I work in office full time so feel naked without it.
    What was your favorite school lunch-Probably the hamburgers..I do remember getting the school lunch calendar and marking off the days I would buy. I prefered to bring my lunch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No, I don't wash a new mattress pad. Probably should, but don't.
    It gets vacuumed once a week or dry mopped every other day 'cuz labs don't shed. 🤣
    Hmm, either Family Feud or Jeopardy.
    Haven't been to the movies since the early 2000s, but would splurge and get popcorn.
    Leftovers or scrambled eggs!
    PJs go on at bedtime.
    I haven't worn makeup since the 1990s. I do use sunscreen.
    When I lived in Connecticut, it would be a grinder (aka sub). We didn't buy lunch often once we moved to Virginia and I much preferred bringing my own.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had to laugh at all of our similarities. I do not watch standard Tv. But if I have a weekly series on Netflix I can hardly wait for an episode. Favorite lunch was anything with mashed potatoes and a gravy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bet I would have guessed your winter pajama routine! When I can't really cook, it is a good quality frozen pizza or ramen. Or maybe McDonald's!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A random Wednesday can be the perfect time to slow down and let your thoughts wander. Not every moment needs to have a clear purpose—sometimes the most interesting ideas appear when we simply give ourselves space to notice the little things around us.
    Whether it is wondering about an unexpected question, remembering an old experience, or thinking about what might happen next, these small moments of curiosity can make an ordinary day more interesting. They can also inspire new ideas, conversations and even creative projects.
    And when the mind needs a break from everyday thoughts, exploring different forms of digital entertainment can be another enjoyable way to relax. One option to discover is https://slots-vader.it.com/.
    Perhaps that is the charm of a random Wednesday: there is no need for a big event. Sometimes a quiet moment, a curious thought and a little imagination are more than enough.

    ReplyDelete
  7. 1. Yes. I wash everything new that I buy.
    2. Weekly
    3. Master Chef
    4. Yes, popcorn and a soda
    5. Salad or omelets
    6. Around 4 in the winter and around 6 in the summer
    7. I wear lipstick and sometimes mascara and that is it
    8. I always bought lunch on pizza day. It was so good.

    ReplyDelete
  8. 1. I don't. I put sheets on top of them anyway and I wash those.
    2. We have hardwood floors in the bedroom and just a small rug so not very often. We do a Swiffer on the wood weekly or so.
    3. We really don't watch much live. The last Season of Survivor we watched just one day behind when it streamed.
    4. Popcorn and fountain drink. It IS a rule. And a candy for my girl who doesn't love popcorn. (It hurts her tummy.)
    5. Fast food or Trader Joe's Orange Chicken.
    6. So we put on "home clothes" when we get home but pajamas after showers.
    7. Never. To many years of dance competitions.and theater shows and the glamour wore off. As an adult I have never had more than lip gloss and mascara and that's usually only for weddings or a fancy event. And right now I don't even have any mascara!
    8. Pizza. Always.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Billie Jo!
    This was a fun post. I didn't wash the new mattress pad we got with our new mattress, but I do wash the sheets weekly. The wood floors in our bedroom are cleaned weekly, even under the bed. I always put my pjs on after my nightly shower with is between 9 and 10 p.m. each night. I only where make-up to church or some special occasion, but sun-screen moisturizer goes on my face every day. I don't order popcorn at the movies because It's expensive and I'm watching my calories. We eat a lot of left overs. When I do cook, I cook enough that there are always some kind of leftover in the fridge. My favorite school lunch was leftovers at my mom's kitchen table. Whenever it was allowed, I left school and ate lunch at home. It was fun to read everyone's answers to this one! I hope your week is going well!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Billie Jo, I enjoyed your answers. Mine are below. I love the photo touch-up at the beginning of this post. I assume you submitted your photo (the one in the right column) to ChatGPT and they made very slight but very complimentary changes?

    1. nope
    2. every Saturday morning
    3. evening national news at 6:30pm Eastern Time Zone
    4. no; too expensive
    5. our big meal of the day is lunch, so for supper it's sometimes just cheese and crackers (or ice cream!!!)
    6. at 6pm I turn down the bed covers, change to my jammies, wash and moisturize my face and floss and brush my teeth -- this is my year 'round habit. We seldom leave the house in the evenings.
    7. This year I've greatly reduced my make-up routine. Now it's a light touch w/eyebrow pencil, light touch of eyeliner, blush, and powder. I do spend a little more $$$ on good daytime and nighttime moisturizers.
    8. Hamburgers every Monday with ketchup. The rest of the week I took a sack lunch with a balogna sandwich

    ReplyDelete
  11. 1. Yes, definitely. I don't like that chemical factory/plastic smell.
    2. Every week to every other week depending on how busy life is.
    3. Silo
    4. No, I typically don't eat any snacks at the movies.
    5. Make pasta/sauce since it's easy... but even when I don't want to cook I almost always do.
    6. Depends on the time of year-- in the summer it's probably after 7 but in the winter it can be as early as 4!
    7. Only for very special occasions... so less than once a year.
    8. I have no idea... I didn't eat lunch at school through most of middle or high school... I do remember buying for pizza day in elementary school.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Though I think I misunderstood question 3 as Silo is more like "one show I won't miss"... when the season is over. Not a show I feel like I must see as soon as it's out. LOL

      Delete
  12. OOh this is fun!
    1 - I wash everything I buy before I use it, whether it is thrifted or new. Makes it smell nicer.
    2 - Once every couple of weeks for vacuuming. Mopping even less. But there's only me living here.
    3 - I am not a fan of TV, but I had to binge watch Fleabag. I have been reading instead.
    4 - YES, I could eat popcorn every. single. day. I cannot watch a movie without it.
    5 - Sad to say, I will go get take out. Short Stop, Schlotzsky's, Rudy's, Super China...I have days when I simply cannot cook.
    6 - I am currently trying to stay awake until 930ish, but once I shower and change after dinner, its anyone's guess when I will give up and go to bed. But I always spritz on eau de toilette because I love the aromatherapy of it.
    7 - Mascara only, and only on the weekends. During the week - nothing on my face but moisturizer.
    8 - The enchiladas at my HS cafeteria! SO GOOD. I had a part time job and bought my own punch card because I was sick of the choices provided at home (baloney, oranges, ruffled chips)




    ReplyDelete
  13. Do you wash a brand new mattress pad before you use it? Yes.
    How often do you vacuum your bedroom? Once or twice a week.
    What is the one show you are watching now you won't miss? The Repair Shop
    Do you eat popcorn at the movies? Yes! There IS a rule - I'm sure of it!
    What do you eat for dinner on nights you just can't or don't want to cook? Door Dash!
    When do you put on your pajamas? Just before I get into bed.
    How often do you wear makeup? Never, anymore. Just lotion w/sunscreen
    What was your favorite school lunch? Baked Chili

    ReplyDelete
  14. I do wash a new mattress pad.
    I am a bedroom vacuum slacker. The rugs in the dining room, living room and foyer get it regularly though.
    Right now we are watching the series Furious. We really do not watch network TV except for THe Amazing Race
    Coke and corn are mandatory at the movie theater
    Take out all the way
    I out on my pj's right as I am oing to bed
    I wear makeup if I am going to be out and about, otherwise none
    I loved fish stick and french fry Friday lunch

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yes
    Weekly
    There isn't any show that I would mind missing.
    Haven't been to the movies in years and years but when I did I had popcorn.
    Pizza or sandwiches
    About 8 or so
    Never
    PB&J and it's still my favorite

    ReplyDelete
  16. 1. It depends on the smell once I open it.
    2. My cat seems to leave a lot of clumps of hair on the floor so as often as it's needed.
    3. I'm watching Corner Gas on Peacock+, but it isn't a "can't miss."
    4. Is it even a movie if you don't have popcorn?
    5. Take--out.
    6. Pj's go on before I sit down to relax for the evening. Usually around 7:30-8:00.
    7. Hardly ever.
    8. My school served some pretty good pizza, but the yeast rolls were the BOMB! I probably ate more of those than anything else (most of us did).

    ReplyDelete
  17. 1. Yes I do.
    2. Once a week.
    3. Lots of YouTube channels.
    4. No
    5. Peanut Butter Toast with melted butter and chocolate milk
    6. Usually around 7 or so.
    7. Never.
    8. I never ate lunch at school. In elementary and middle school I still went home for lunch. In high school I walked across the street to the hamburger place, (hamburger, fries and small drink was 99 cents!), or had a Reeses Peanut butter cup from the vending machine.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for saying hello!

Billie Jo