August 28, 2026

Friday Photos

Hello! And Happy Friday, my friends! Well, it is time to wrap up August. And honestly, I cannot believe it. I love fall, as you may know, but I cannot believe how quickly this summer flew by. I am, therefore, resolved to be fully present these next few months, my favorites of all, noticing all the things that make fall so special. 

Meanwhile, in preparation for the cozy days and nights ahead, I am refreshing the bedding here in our home. Every August, I like to replace the mattress pads, wash the pillow covers, and put a new set of sheets on the beds. It is such a good feeling getting into a fresh, clean bed on a cool autumn night. And now, we are all set.



One night this week we drove to the condo and sat on the beach for a bit in the early evening. It was so pretty, quiet, and relaxing. 



I am appreciating the quiet, cooler mornings during my walks. And seeing some familiar friends along the way.







Madison and Flynn had a fun day out on her last week of summer vacation. I love the relationships each of my children has with each other. They are each other's best friends, and I am so thankful for that.



And I am also thankful for the relationships I have with each of my children, allowing for things like enjoying an impromptu dinner while watching a beauty pageant on TV. Madison invited me over while everyone else was at the movies, and her pasta was delicious!


The weekend lies ahead, blissfully empty of any events here. I plan to catch up with you all, write out a few notes and cards to mail, and prepare for Flynn's upcoming homeschool week. We will attend Mass, meal plan and prep, and hopefully spend some time in the pool. Now, I am off to put some chicken thighs in the crockpot with pasta sauce, some peppers, and some onions for dinner tonight. I will serve it with pasta and maybe a salad. And garlic bread, too.


Happy Weekend!

Billie Jo

20 comments:

  1. Such gorgeous photos! I absolutely love your bedroom linen. Cozy and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pictures from your morning walks and time at the condo, Billie Jo! The blue and white quilt on your bed is so pretty. Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your bedding! Yes, there is something about the end of August that actually makes me want to clean, and that’s not something I often enjoy doing. But, like you, I stripped the bed down to the mattress, I even vacuumed the mattress, to get ready for fall. We had a cool night this past week, but next week we go back into the upper 90s. It will be a while, but I’ll be ready.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Madison's pasta looks like my favorite kind of pasta -- simple, few ingredients. Can you tell us about it? Thanks. --Etta

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! Yes, I asked Madison and she said it is Lemon Zucchini and Ricotta Pasta. It is delicious! Here are her directions: You just sauté shallot and zucchini in olive oil, add some pasta water and lemon juice with salt and pepper to make sauce. Add cooked pasta and take off heat. Stir in Parmesan, dollops of ricotta, and fresh basil. I hope you try it and enjoy!

      Delete
  5. Have a happy weekend Billie Jo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can't believe we are moving into September already. Not sure if I am ready or not...although Fall is my favorite season. I am blessed to have kids that love and support each other and have fun together, too. They are crazy together sometimes even as adults...ranging in age from 44-54. How the heck is that even possible? Their 44 is like our 34 used to be...it's a different world in aging today.
    Have a wonderful, blessed weekend.
    Just curious. Where is your condo? If you said before I missed it. xo xo xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such beautiful photos, my friend. Have a beautiful weekend. smiles

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your new bedding is so beautiful. I have homemade quilts on our beds that I made years ago. I love your kids love for each other and that they aren't afraid to show it.
    We drove today to Buffalo, WY and are staying overnight at a KOA campground. We've been here before and really like it. Tomorrow we'll pull the camper to Helena, MT and I'm fixing dinner for our son and granddaughter. Chicken Spaghetti, Broccoli and French bread. I'm going to make bundt pan cinnamon rolls tomorrow night for breakfast Sunday and I'm hoping they'll be able to join us at the campground. I can't wait to get my hands on both of them and give them huge hugs. It's been a year in July.
    Blessings and hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's a lovely photograph of Madison and Flynn. And your new bedding set looks so pretty - what a gorgeous shade of blue!
    It's still very warm here, but it feels like summer might be winding down now. I think we're ready. X

    ReplyDelete
  10. This morning it was 75 degrees when I left for work! Made me feel very hopeful for Fall!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your blue and white bedspread. The pillow looks knitted. Did you make it?

    ReplyDelete
  12. This summer flew by for us as well.. It is a blessing, the relationships your children have with each other and their parents. I know far too many families who don't share such bonds and I pray my boys remain close as they grow older.. with each other as well as us.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am glad you had a good time near the coast and all the photos there were good to view as well. I am glad you are able to care for your family and getting things done as autumn arrives soon. It actually rained last night as there has not been any for at least two months. Have a good weekend!
    Becky L. https://grandmabeckyl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. A delightful post celebrating the end of one month as we transition into another. Thank you for sharing all your joys Billie Jo :) Happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh wow, as always such beautiful photos...peaceful and lovely, and the girls are just such fun! Can you share where you found the quilt? It's my favorite shade of blue and looks so old-fashioned, perfect for me! How can it be the end of August...time flies, but you know what that means! Our favorite time of year...let's take it slowly and enjoy every single minute. Take care and enjoy the rest of the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! Yep! Our time is here!!! Time for everything cozy! The quilt is from Garnett Hill. And it is beautiful. We are very happy with it! Have a cozy afternoon!

      Delete
  16. Longtime reader but I think my first comment. First of all I have and love your book! You write so beautifully and lovingly about your family, I enjoy your posts very much. I also would love to know where you got your knitted pillow and throw? My room is also blue and they would look wonderful! Dale

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! So nice to meet you! Thank you for your kind words. I appreciate it so very much. I found the knitted throw and pillow cover at Target. They are both so soft and very well made. Have a cozy afternoon!

      Delete

Thanks so much for saying hello!

Billie Jo