July 15, 2026

This Summer


 I am loving...


This not-too-sweet, not-too-tart Blueberry Lemonade...



Cutting a fresh pineapple and putting it in a glass container in the fridge every week, because nothing is better than good, fresh pineapple...




This. This moisturizing lotion that I wear every. single. day. It has SPF 30, and it does not smell! I hate putting sticky, heavy, smelly sunscreen on my face. Who doesn't? But this actually goes on lightly and without any fragrance. I am a huge advocate of sunscreen every single day, and this makes it so easy!


Early-morning walks when the entire neighborhood is still asleep...

Spending hours on the screened-in porch...




Especially with these three, a cup of coffee, and a good book...



Dinner and dessert at my daughter's house. Thank you, Madison...


And that I still have the privilege of making yummy summer lunches, even if they aren't on a colored plastic tray anymore.




Happy Wednesday!

Billie Jo

18 comments:

  1. I love all of your photos showing the pleasures of your summer days. I LOVE fresh pineapple too. I don't think I could ever eat canned again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I put Cerave in my wish list! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't ya just love when the neighborhood is still asleep, and you watch the sunrise come up? Everything's quiet, everything's still, and we feel blessed in our cozy homes. The blueberry lemonade sounds delightful, and the spaghetti and meatballs look so good. The last quote is simply wonderful. Have a sweet day, Billie Jo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been using CereVe with spf30 for years. I do switch it out with Eucerine spf30 if it is on sale/less than CereVe. Both are so good! Your photos... oh my goodness!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Simply Lemonade but haven't tried the blueberry one. I'll have to look for that next time. Yes, sunscreen is a must!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Billie Jo! So glad that you are having a cozy summer! Those are the best kind. I love that now that I am retired, my schedule is far more open and I can spend more time relaxing, even though this has been a busy summer. Your meals always look so delicious and make me hungry. Glad you are having a good week. See you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I totally vibe with your last quote! Your porch! I would never leave it! I miss having one so much, even after 70 years!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your screened in porch is so nice. I'd be out there all the time too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I love all of those things too! And my dermatologist recommends the Cerve.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That was a delightful look at what you have been doing. Thanks Billie Jo!

    ReplyDelete
  11. hey there, Billie Jo...oh my goodness, is that a peanut butter and jelly sandwich on toast? I thought I was the only one that toasted my bread when I make a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. you made this post fun. I always enjoy visiting your place always leave with a positive outlook.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Could life get much better than when enjoyed on a beautiful screened in porch?? I think not!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You sure have your head on straight Lady. Lol I love your priorities of porch reading summers, smart sunscreen moisturizer, and enjoying desserts. And most of all, how you love on your family and furry babies. I think I'm going to need to get a pineapple my next grocery visit and I made a note of that moisturizer and will be grabbing that asap! Thanks dear Friend and always love all that you share here. 💗

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your porch area looks lovely, and so welcoming.
    I'm going to look out for that moisturiser, as it's exactly the kind I've been wanting. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. BillieJo, I am glad you have a good time to walk out of your house and got by a river close to where you live. It is good to have sunscreens that you like. I get ones at Trader Joes store, and they are good to use. No fragrance in it, I use it when I am outside too long and being at the coast. Looks like delicious foods that you like. I wound up eating leftover from last night as I didn't eat it for lunch. I am glad you are able to be with other family members often. I was raining with thunder and lightning this morning. Megan asked me if I heard it as it was 6:30 a.m. I was still asleep and didn't wake up until 6:45, Have a good rest of your week!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. Becky Lowmaster ===grandmabeckyl.blogspot.com

      Delete
  16. I am behind in my blog reading this week. Love the graphic about staying at home. That describes me accurately more all the time!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for saying hello!

Billie Jo