July 31, 2026

A Friday At The End Of July And Shark Week Recipies

Good Friday morning! It is Friday. It is also the last day of July. I have said for years that after the Fourth of July, summer passes in a flash. This year is no different. You know I LOVE fall. LOVE. As I get older, however, I find a certain kind of peace, calm, and joy in these long, warm summer days. And beauty. 




Summer can also bring impromptu movie afternoons. We saw The Odyssey this week. It was long, but very good. It is always interesting to see Hollywood's take on a piece of literature I have studied and enjoyed.


I am finally getting around to decorating some spots around the house, after almost living here a year. I picked up the ginger jar and coral on our trip to the Hamptons last week. I am glad I waited!








Who would have thought, years ago when we were twirling the cord of our home phone attached to the wall in the kitchen, that we would one day take some quick pics of a beautiful moon on phones we carry around with us?



Steve sees some beautiful things on his afternoon walks. And I told him I would share them here for you!







Years ago, a random summer day would find me taking a vanful of kids to swimming lessons, coming home to wash suits, and fix lunches on colorful plastic trays, followed by naptime for some and movie time for others. There were sprinklers and water tables, ice cream cones and swingsets too. Now, my summer afternoons are different, as my kids are grown and living their own lives, working and driving, just as they are supposed to be. I read, do laundry, clean and tidy, and talk to them on the phone several times a day! I also am lucky to be the dog sitter for Flynn while she is at work. And Marty knows the drill! Cozy time it is!


I wanted to share some of the recipes from our Shark Week Party this week. They were fun and delicious, and super easy to put together. The Seaweed Dip was a hit, and I will definitely be making that again. The Seafood Pasta Salad is also amazing, and one thing I would change is making it a day in advance. It is even better the second day!



Easy Peasy! I found these at Walmart.





Walmart! I prefer to make my own, but in the interest of time, these are great.




Walmart. Again. : )

Ok. That's all for today, my friends. Have a lovely weekend, and I will see you back here Monday...in August!

Billie Jo




22 comments:

  1. Yes - Summer flies by after the 4th. I hate that. I hang on to Summer as much as I can, so I won't be talking Fall with you! :)
    Thanks for the fun recipes, easy and good!
    Tell Steve I love his pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun recipes and wonderful pictures. You live in a beautiful area.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. As soon as summer vacation starts it feels like there's so much time and then out of know where we are just weeks away from the start of school. Looks like it was a great week for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm going back to check out the recipes! Y'all have so much fun with your celebrations! I am over July AND August.! It's not the holidays coming as much as it's cooler weather! This heat is SO oppressive this year. Fall is coming, though! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pumpkin season is almost here. :-) Oh I love that.
    We can start to see the changes in mid August here in Wisconsin.
    Have a blessed weekend!!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your last two about autumn!! Standing on my toes now! I cannot wait for fall. And your blog always makes it so much more fun!! One of my favorite photos is your first one. Steve is such a good photographer! I love the baby deer and the Heron way up in the tree!! He is so observant. And what a treat to see some of your decorations! This is one of my favorite things you post. Your home always looks so classy. The ginger Jar and Hydrangeas are gorgeous! Now you must promise me to post when you have your fall decorations! I have already brought all my fall keepers up from the basement and will start decorating now; because it takes me so long lately!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the addition of the ginger jar and coral. Your home has such a coastal elegance and beauty. I just love it! And the beauty all around you outdoors as well. I think it's so cool how you love shark week and celebrate it so well too. Blessings on your weekend my dear Friend. Hugs to you. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Always such good posts here, Billie Jo! I especially like the comment about how we used to have our telephones on the wall and now we carry them with us everywhere and take pictures with them. I use my phone much more for photos than for talking!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The summer is certainly flying by. The first three photos are fantastic. Love the pictures of the fawn!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I’ve never celebrated Shark Week, but loved seeing all of your recipes and creativity with food. I don’t have kids in school anymore, so summer lasts a bit longer for us. I let decorations and summer activity linger into September.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful nature photos! The summer is really flying by.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks, Billie Jo, for the many smiles on this late Friday evening.

    ReplyDelete
  13. After this last week of camping in over 100F heat, I'm definitely ready for fall. I love the ginger jar you found. It is beautiful. Our next trip should be much cooler by the middle of August to the middle of September.
    Love all of Steve's photos. Such a beautiful place you live.
    Blessings and hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  14. I always enjoy seeing your theme meals.
    August got here so quickly and now I will blink and it will be the holiday season, starting with Halloween.
    I enjoy summer but lately our has been oppressively hot and humid. I am not wishing time away because there is a lot more summer I want to enjoy, but I could do it with a little less humidity.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful views where you live. It is amazing how quickly this year has flown by. We blink and now it is August. Enjoy your day dear friend. Sorry I have been missing for so long, busy life for this Ganky👵🏻. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful views where you live. It is amazing how quickly this year has flown by. We blink and now it is August. Enjoy your day dear friend. Sorry I have been missing for so long, busy life for this Ganky👵🏻. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am so over the heat - bring on Fall!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Summer is moving at quite a pace this year. I'm already seeing signs of autumn, and it's noticeably darker much earlier each day.
    You live in a beautiful part of the world. Your photograph of the moon over the lake is stunning. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous photos of the moon! I am so over August already..sounds terrible of me to say, but this heat is horrific this year. Bring on Fall and cool weather. Great purchase with the Ginger jar. I have one that was given to me from my MIL.. they make for great decorating pieces. It is beautiful around your place Billie Jo.

    ReplyDelete
  20. That seafood pasta looks delicious, along with some easy foods to make for your Shark week. The photos of the summer days are really quite pretty. And I love Steve's capture of the fawn, especially the one under the blossom tree. I like the white vase with the hydrangeas, and the coral is pretty. I am so looking forward to Fall, my friend, and the last quote really spoke to me.

    I wish you beautiful August days, Billie Jo!

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a fun shark party it must have been, all your recipes and ideas sound wonderful! Steve's pictures are beautiful, I love to see the fawns with their mommas. Your decor is so tasteful and beautiful. Love the collection of books you have too! We are still enjoying the last days of summer here, but fall is not far away! August blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  22. It’s amazing how quickly summer seems to move, especially when you take time to appreciate the little moments that come with it. There is something special about warm evenings, seasonal recipes, and the simple routines that make this time of year memorable. Shark Week-themed recipes sound like a fun way to bring some creativity into the kitchen too. Enjoying these small pleasures is important, and I also like finding relaxing activities online, such as https://chicken-road.org.pk/app/
    when I have some free time.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for saying hello!

Billie Jo