Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Spaghetti And Meatballs

I have had a few different recipes for this over the years. I was never able to duplicate my mother's...so I quit trying! Several years ago, I got this delicious recipe from a friend of mine, whose own mother was a friend of my mom! It smells soooo good, and tastes even better. Enjoy!

                 Spaghetti and Meatballs

Ingredients:  Sauce
                      Olive oil
                      2 cloves minced garlic
                      1 medium onion, chopped fine
                      2 28 oz. can tomato sauce
                      2 14 oz. can tomato paste
                      3 paste cans of water
                      1 28 oz. can crushed tomatoes
                      Italian Seasoning
                      Romano Cheese
Directions:    Simmer olive oil, garlic, and
                      onion on low heat.
                      Add tomato sauce, paste,
                      water, and crushed tomatoes.
                      Bring to a boil while stirring. Add
                      Italian seasoning and Romano cheese.
                      ( enough to cover sauce) Stir
                      and simmer on low, covered. Add
                      2 teaspoons sugar after cooking
                      a bit, if needed. I usually simmer
                      sauce all afternoon, stirring
                      occasionally.
  Ingredients: Meatballs
                       1 1/2 lbs. ground beef
                       3 eggs
                       1 cup flavored bread crumbs
                       1/4 cup each Parmesan and
                       Romano cheese
                       1 tsp. salt
                       1/4 tsp. pepper
                       2 cloves minced garlic
                       1 onion, chopped
Directions:     Mix all ingredients together.
                       Roll into balls.
                       Bake on foil lined and sprayed
                       sheet pan for 40 minutes at
                       350 degrees. Pat excess fat off,
                       if needed. Place in sauce. Simmer
                       2 hours more.
                       Serve over pasta of your choice.

4 comments:

  1. Yum! I'm Italian by blood, and cook mostly Italian dishes, but would you believe I've never made meatballs? But this recipe makes it seem so easy! I think you just gave me renewed vigor ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy! I'm going to try this out next week! Sounds delicious. We love meatballs at our house. I am actually 100% Polish-American (my parents were even introduced to each other by the grandmas!!!!) and we love meatballs with mushroom sauce. Like you, though, I can never duplicate my grandmother and mother's flavors! I think b/c I don't have access to any Polish butchers or bakeries in the KC area! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, just made this tonight. I'm always up for a new sauce and meatball recipe... I'm diving in! Thanks for sharing, tara

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh yum!! we love this meal. one of the few things everyone in the house will eat! :)
    thanks for posting this billie jo
    have a happy day

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for saying hello!

I will answer any questions you may have through email, so if you would rather not do it that way, please let me know. I'll answer here. Just remember to check back for a reply!

Billie Jo