Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Chicken Noodle Soup

We had this delicious homemade chicken noodle soup last night. I know there are many different recipes for this out there. This is mine. This is the same recipe my mother used...the same soup I came home to on chilly fall afternoons. This is the same soup that my family ate as we gathered around my kitchen table all those years ago. I have tried other recipes, but keep coming back to this one. This is my mother's. And mother knows best. : ) Enjoy!
                        Chicken Noodle Soup

Ingredients:    Chicken thighs
                         Chicken bouillon cubes
                         Onion
                         Carrots
                         Celery
                         Pepper, minced onion
                         1/2 bag egg noodles
                         32 oz. chicken broth
Directions:        Par boil chicken in 6 cups water with
                         4 bouillon cubes and chopped onion.
                         Take skin off  and cut chicken into
                         small pieces. Put chopped carrots
                         and celery in crockpot. Add cut up
                         chicken, broth from the par boil,
                         pepper, minced onion, and 2 more 
                         bouillon cubes. Cook on high 3 to
                         4 hours, then low for 2 more. Add 
                         1/2 bag cooked egg noodles and
                         canned chicken broth. Cook for
                         1 more hour.



And a Happy Happy Belated Birthday to my dear Blogger friend, Cindy! Hope it was happy : )

6 comments:

  1. Delicious looking and I swear I can smell it through computer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Billie Jo! I love trying new Chicken Soup recipes so I'm all into this one! It's on the menu for this week. Friday I think! Enjoy your day, tara

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! Could you come to my house and make this for me!?! I am seriously hopeless in the kitchen! I've been very discouraged this week during my dinner escapades!! This sounds wonderful, though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Billie Joe, this looks so yummy! I always love a good hearty chicken noodle soup!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, that looks so good! Thanks for sharing this recipe; I can't wait to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh how we love homemade chicken soup! dave makes it whenever someone is sick and they are instantly better!:) (we freeze some for when he is sick btw!!:) )
    thanks for sharing your family secret!
    have a happy day billie jo

    PS
    and THANK YOU for the birthday wishes:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for saying hello!

I will answer any questions you may have through email, so if you would rather not do it that way, please let me know. I'll answer here. Just remember to check back for a reply!

Billie Jo